Post Thanks / Like

Hawk Pen vs Spektra Edge?

Hey guys, sorry to ask a almost unanswerable question. I was just wondering which machine you would choose between the spektra egde X and the Hawk Pen? I know theyre different machines in the sense the Edge is adjustable. Say the Edge X was set with the same stroke and give as the hawk pen. Which do you think would perform better? I ask because I have both, and I have the option to trade my hawk pen for an edge x plus another machine, and I was just trying to get some info on the 2. I havent gotten to use my Hawk pen yet. Another artist here used it, and loved it. HE said he liked it better than his thunder. Just curious as to what you all think. Thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I do not have a cheyenne hawk pen to compare the spektra edge x to, I do have a stylus H and the new ez pen. The spektra edge x with rpg click is my number one machine, it is the best I've ever had my hands on. The ez pen (which is suppose to be a super close match to the cheyenne pen) is better than the stylus, but not better than the spektra edge x in my opinion.
    Honestly though I believe it would come down to personal choice. I can do any tattoo with any of the machines I've collected to try out and or use, but the edge x is by far the best that I currently own.
    Iron Horse Tattoo, Las Vegas NV @dmose333

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should use the hawk pen otherwise you wont know if you like it better, everyone tattoos different so no ones opinion is as good as you yourself taking it out for a test drive. If you look here and on the trading group in facebook you can see both machines being sold and traded, Ive noticed the Edge getting traded more often. The problem with the Pen is that you pretty much have to use hawk carts as there is possible contamination issue with the grip so if you only use t tech then that edge trade is good for you. I really think you should just keep it though its a great machine and you already have it so why not at least try it out. I like how its not adjustable that makes it always tattoo exactly the same everytime and yes its like a thunder only shorter stroke just as powerful but doesnt hit as hard so clients will like it

Post Thanks / Like
    Dmose +1 : it comes down to ur personal choice.

I have the stylus h, thunder , pen ,and i recently sold my edge x

To me the Edge x didnt feel as comfy from the start as the others i listed above, i decided to sell it, but it got the job done for sure.
    others love it out of the box, some after a while.

the edge x is a quality product thats for sure and its powerfull AF!!!
    there only 2 ways to find out and thats buying one or trying one.

Iff you are used to 'give' the "edge x" might be the better choice.

Good luck

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I probably won't ever own a hawk pen or ez pen. Too impossible to keep clean! Love my edge X and swash drive whip cutback to great machines disposable cart grips all day. Enjoying my RPG click a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love my Edge X, I can power through lines in pretty close time compared to my old coils, but without the hand fatigue. I did really enjoy using my thunder for almost 2 years though....and a friend ordered me a Cheyenne Pen...so once it gets here, I'll be better equipped to answer between the two, but like the other guys said, it is all about preference. And even if I find the Cheyenne Pen to be Gods Gift to Tattooing, I'm still not planning to ever get rid of my edge X....that thing is badass, and I know many dope artists that have switched to the Edge and it is all that they use anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Rotary Machines= FK Irons: Spektra Edge X, Spektra Direkt, Spektra Halo
    Cheyenne: Hawk Thunder - Neo-Tat: Vivace - Neuma: Hybrid LS, N2