Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What machine do you keep coming back to?

I think a lot of us like to explore machines and try new things. Is there any machines that you all just can't live without? What machine always pulls you back?

For me the Swashdrive Gen 7 and Gen 8 always bring me back. No matter what else I use those two are a bit of a dream combo for me.

I went almost all carts for a while and have used the Cheyenne Thunder and the Hawk Pen as well as a number of other machines with carts. Although somehow I always wind up back at standard needles.

I always expect thereto be abject great thing but nothing better seems to be around. Just curious to see what everyone is using these days.

2. Like ATS, John liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swash 8 Dan Kubin mc14 and my d20 - couldnt live without them.
    Coils - Lucas Ford Liner - Mini bulldog and Juan Puente shader
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

4. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flite,brought one sold it brought one again.i have a gen 8 and other machines but the flite just works for me.done the same and went back to standard needles and then realised what a ball ache it is setting up several machines so staying on carts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using nothing but my FK Irons Edge for everything Lining and shading

7. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like using a variety of machines. But I always go back to my Compact and Flite. As far as non cartridge machines, I'd be lost without my Neotats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both setups as I still love to use my Rotary works and could not let my hyper v3 out of my line up as it was my go to machine for well over a year, I now use my Cheyenne Spirits and the hawk pen as it suits me only having 2 machines set up rather than the 5 regular set up I use to have. I have the Cheyenne hawk and rarely use it so it just sits in my tool chest just cant take it to shift it on as I didn't give it a good run compared to my spirits and the Cheyenne pen.

10. Thanks onechance thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always end up back at my thunder or my jack steel juggernaut v1. I'd use the compact swashdrive alot more if it weren't so back heavy!!! Which makes me excited about the new brushless versions of the machines swash is coming out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    I always end up back at my thunder or my jack steel juggernaut v1. I'd use the compact swashdrive alot more if it weren't so back heavy!!! Which makes me excited about the new brushless versions of the machines swash is coming out.
    I hear that, I still have the Gen 5 ( it's brushless I assume uses the same brushless motor ) and it's a monster. I really think it would be a strange animal with the flexibility of the 8 or compact. I think the new Swashdrives will be real good machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arron Cain Roundback for lining. The old cast ones. (I have 3 and a one fourth coming)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asA View Post
    Yeah, the Compact is a little top heavy. I'm really stoked to try out the Swashdrive brush when it comes out.