Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Tat2nu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Legacy Needle Cartridges

Just thought I would let everyone here know that Needlejig launched our cartridges at the Minneapolis show about a week ago So far the reviews have been good with only a couple small issues regarding some bug pin flat openings being a little loose. I already have my factory working on two new tip sizes to accommodate this. This is going to take about 2 months due to the Chinese New Year coming up quick. Yes, these are my cartridges and not just another companies that are put in a box I designed. My companies needles, my companies molds, my companies time and my companies money invested. There is no way that I could allow myself to simply repackage like most other companies do. Besides, if you had ever used my needles the differences would be obvious if they were not mine. I do not log in here a lot so if you have any important questions it is best to reach me at the warehouse if you need a fast response. I have set up a coupon code for the forum ROTARY to be used when viewing your cart that will get you 15% off your next needle purchase with my company so you can give them a try. This will include regular needles on bars also if you want to stock up. I will be adding more groupings as time goes on so please let me know what you would like to see.

www.needlejig.com

legacy_cartidge_facebook2.jpg

Thank you,
    Marc

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look forward to trying these!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the catch phrase good choice

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered some when they came out. Pretty happy with them so far. Glad to here you are fixing the bugpins being a little loose in some of the tips! That was really the only complaint I had. Much better than kingpin's slot-lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried them in Minneapolis , seems like they have very little tension which I think is good to allow the machine to run faster . Should be great for the stylus users out there .

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ryanbluebirds;126078]I ordered some when they came out. Pretty happy with them so far. Glad to here you are fixing the bugpins being a little loose in some of the tips! That was really the only complaint I had. Much better than kingpin's slot-lock.

Thank you! To be honest the bug pins were a last minute add. I wanted to start with a slow launch of #12's only but as I got closer more people were interested in the smaller pins. As soon as we were aware of the issue I requested 3 new tip sizes from the factory but the Chinese New Year is going to slow the production on the new molds. It will be about two months but two smaller tips and a 23F tip are in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bretttattoos View Post
    Tried them in Minneapolis , seems like they have very little tension which I think is good to allow the machine to run faster . Should be great for the stylus users out there .
    Thank you! I am hoping that tattooers like the tension I chose but if it becomes an issue we will change it down the road. The only possible thing we have noticed so far is that it may be a tad noisier on some machines due to this but still works perfectly fine. I sent some to Rich from Stylus the first week so you can go ahead and ask him what he thinks.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well thanks to Marc I had the opportunity to try about all 7 different configurations on my fiancé and an old customer so far. I like the liners a lot. The Mags I tried were curved #10 bug pins but since I tattoo with straight Mags these seemed to curve for me. But I never got around curve Mags. How I tattoo,it seems like I'm not aware of how many needle are actually going in.

At the beginning I noticed the needles were a bit noisier than hawk or ttech but that didn't bother me at all and they seemed to get quieter with use.

I'm sure this will get revised pretty soon.

I like the fact that the Mags are held by the side rails of the tip giving you that steady stroke without flapping.

So far other than Cheyenne and T Tech this are the only needles that I've tried that seemed to be done right and not just another cartridge. And I tired them all constantly.

The locking mechanism performs and twist all the way. Unlike other brands that they stay half way locked, fit too tight or too lose.

I'm sure I'll be able to assess the quality and performance with more tattoos but so far so good. I am back to tattooing at least one or two pieces a week so I expect to order a good assortment of them soon. A lot of old pieces to be finished 😊

Good job Marc.

For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Well thanks to Marc I had the opportunity to try about all 7 different configurations on my fiancé and an old customer so far. I like the liners a lot. The Mags I tried were curved #10 bug pins but since I tattoo with straight Mags these seemed to curve for me. But I never got around curve Mags. How I tattoo,it seems like I'm not aware of how many needle are actually going in.

At the beginning I noticed the needles were a bit noisier than hawk or ttech but that didn't bother me at all and they seemed to get quieter with use.

I'm sure this will get revised pretty soon.

I like the fact that the Mags are held by the side rails of the tip giving you that steady stroke without flapping.

So far other than Cheyenne and T Tech this are the only needles that I've tried that seemed to be done right and not just another cartridge. And I tired them all constantly.

The locking mechanism performs and twist all the way. Unlike other brands that they stay half way locked, fit too tight or too lose.

I'm sure I'll be able to assess the quality and performance with more tattoos but so far so good. I am back to tattooing at least one or two pieces a week so I expect to order a good assortment of them soon. A lot of old pieces to be finished 

Good job Marc.

Thank you Gaston, coming from you that means a lot.
    I need more feedback from regular cartridge users to pinpoint the noise as they are still a bit foreign to me. At this point I am thinking it is the return band tension like I said above but I will keep looking.
    I had the idea for the guides on the side rails for years but couldn't say a word until they were out.

Thanks again,
    Marc
    Last edited by Tat2nu; 01-23-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on ordering some
    Soon unless you will be at the Cleveland show?