Post Thanks / Like

The New FK Irons Spektra Halo 2 Crossover is here!

Hello Guys. I wanted to introduce myself, my name is Carlos, and I’ve been taking care of social media for several months at FK Irons and I’ll providing you with any answers you may have.

I am about to make a post on Facebook and Instagram with some specs regarding the Halo 2 and this is what I have to share with you.

- The Halo 2 uses a slip on StrokeWheel system like the Halo1 but the StrokeWheel is a new design that allows more torque at less voltage with nearly no vibration.
    There are around 12000 Halo 1 out there so we decided that this system will remain this way, native to the Halo family.
    However, you will be able to purchase Bodies alone and cams so you can use your HexDrive MotorBolt if you have one. Simply remove Hex and install cam.

- Halo 2 comes with 4mm and 3.4mm StrokeWheels

- Halo1 MotorBolt Compatible with Halo2

- You can now run cartridges without removing stay up spring.

- The new give mechanism has been design to suit standard and cartridge needles giving you a wide range of adjustment and give travel.

- Needle hoop clip + Rolling Needle guide. No more grommets or rubber band. The needle self stabilizes by counter lever forces against and a new ball bearing vice roller upon clicking in pace.

- The Halo2 features our floating collet vise system, allowing you to use standard and/ or ScrewOn tubes for cartridges and regular needles.

- New Slider design with rectified channel. We have added additional steps to our body manufacturing to allow tighter fit of slider while allowing great distribution of a new super thin PTFE oil that will ship with the machine.

- Mirror Polished body Available in our 7 standard colors.

- Engineered and manufactured 100% in the USA by FK Irons.

-Preorders are starting today at
    www.fkirons.com, shipping early to mid February

SPK H2 CM KR.jpg
    Last edited by fkirons_carlos; 01-22-2016 at 11:40 AM.

2. Like gautam, bustitout liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I have a question and before any one asks the obvious, yes I am stupid and I am aware that this has probably been answered before.
    I own Halo1, I know I can use that motor bolt but do I need to buy the new Halo2 stroke wheels, or can I just plug in my existing Halo1 motor and start tattooing with Halo1 stroke wheels?
    Last edited by Seanaskew19; 01-22-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks to have the same concept as the Welker rotary with the needle tensor wheel -Do you need to put a variable bend in the needle bar for standard needles-which applies the much needed downward tension? And if so were does the bend work best? As well as a slight needle stack bend?

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The New FK Irons Spektra Halo 2 Crossover is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanaskew19 View Post
    Ok I have a question and before any one asks the obvious, yes I am stupid and I am aware that this has probably been answered before.
    I own Halo1, I know I can use that motor bolt but do I need to buy the new Halo2 stroke wheels, or can I just plug in my existing Halo1 motor and start tattooing with Halo1 stroke wheels?
    Hello Sean. The Halo1 MotorBolt fits the Halo2 but but the Halo2 SteokeWheel will not fit the Halo1 because this the SteokeWheel is bigger than the Halo1

Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    This looks to have the same concept as the Welker rotary with the needle tensor wheel -Do you need to put a variable bend in the needle bar for standard needles-which applies the much needed downward tension? And if so were does the bend work best? As well as a slight needle stack bend?
    You don't need to bend the needle. It's design to clip on the needle hoop in place and self stabilize when you adjust the chuck. What I do recommend is bending the needle stack downwards slightly but that's how I always set up my needles even with coils and cartridges.
    You have two ways to set up your needle:

1- you drive the needle alone first and once the hoop passes the vise area turn it a bit and and turn again to mount it on the armature clip.

Then you drive then grip and adjust the vise.

2- the other way is to install needle and tube all together. To do so you loosen the vise several turn so it opens really good, the press the needle (by the grip tip) to keep it in the right position and shove tube and needle all together same way: straight turn and pop the needle in the armature clip. Having the chuck lose allows you to maneuver the grip/ needle.
    Secure chuck and you are done.

Once you do it a couple of times it becomes second nature. I prefer option one.

A couple of videos will go up on YouTube and Carlos will post them here once available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fkirons; 01-23-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

7. Like Tat2dPinoy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is super nice. i been loving mine. i got more tattooing to do with. ill repost when i use it more this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    When will you be selling the body only Gaston?

Post Thanks / Like
    Preordered mine... the wait begins

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Body only will be available for sale when we begin general sales, but the PreOrders are only for full machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dPinoy View Post
    When will you be selling the body only Gaston?

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

12. Thanks Tat2dPinoy thanked for this post.