Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stylus motor sucks... brushless replacement or anything else?

So my Stylus motor lasted all of 4 months, was beginning to get warm within a month. I have found the faulhaber replacement, but 1 watt power 6000 rpm at 12 volts...eek this thing has tattoo NOT written anywhere on it. What does Cheyenne use in the pen? Its gotta be better than this POS. Oh my cam also fell apart within the first month, and I had to source the part from a person because after a phone msg, emails, Facebook, and instagram msg...Rick couldn't find the time to reply. Also I'm aware of his new stronger design, to be honest, other than maybe getting this fixed I really don't want to give another dime to Stylus.

Thanks for any direction to search for motors.

Barrett
    biglug.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    4month that sucks!! I love my stylus but this isnt the first time i hear about these fails and also the complains about there customer service being slow..i think its good to know where we can get extra parts elsewhere.

I do think you should hang in there and keep contacting them, they need to help you with this.
    Goodluck man.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the same motor that goes into the centri. I had one and noticed it was the same as my mark 1 12v centri. Them motors are very easy stressed and go down. I had 2 go on my mark 1 till mike put in a 12v version. Now I don't use it just sits on the shelf with my coils haha ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that's weird... I've had both my H and S models for almost two years now and have never had an issue with either one.
    I've read more than a few posts about them being underpowered and the motors failing. But mine haven't let me down yet. Sucks yours crapped out, man.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could fit a brushless motor in there if it is the same size. The issue is that brushless motors need a controller to work. Otherwise most ( pancake ) motors of the same size run at low speed with very little torque. The faulhaber that is in there is the best you can get in that size.

If you can find a brushless the same size and fine a mini controller that you can cram in there it would be a monster. However if that was easy to do, the stylus would come with one.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the replies all! I am almost considering sourcing a motor for it from faulhaber. but at .9 watts of power, seems like an exercise in futility. Ill keep ya posted if I find anything that works. Brushless would be the way.
    biglug.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    It has a faulhaber motor. Sounds like you are sourcing the same motor

Post Thanks / Like
    I Contacted Faulhaber uk last week for the motor for my pen and the motor was coming in at 55 GBP and shipping the same so not to bad all in all hope to have it this week,contact them with your part number there are very helpfull hope you get is sorted soon.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is no 9watt variaton to that motor ...

Post Thanks / Like
    imagine 9 watts in a pancake brushed! haha .9 mate, re-read the post. Id be interested in seeing what motor the hawk pen is using. Why are you replacing it ACINK?
    biglug.ca