Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

One machine does all cartridge machine

Is there any one at the moment using one machine for all tasks i no its rare most peaple have at least 2 machines on a setup. But is there a cartridge machine that does it all. Adjustable give and stroke on they fly with out stripping it down whilst tattooing.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Seanaskew19 thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did everything with my thunder for two years. I usually only ever use one machine. Used to do it all with a stealth. A bishop. The edge x. Stylus. I don't get why people need multiple machines . I watch smooth blends come out of a 4mm thunder all day. That being said it might be slightly easier with a variety of machines but I have never had a problem doing it all with one..

Post Thanks / Like
    adjustable stroke on the fly would be a hard one....i would say the swashdrive compact is the closest ive seen. The give system works well with carts too

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll second the compact. Give and stroke are easily adjustable while tattooing. The Hyper V3 stroke widens as you open up the give (not the same, I know). Same with the Swashdrive gen8 (with the weights).

6. Like michaelmyerstattoo liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One machine does all cartridge machine

Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    I did everything with my thunder for two years. I usually only ever use one machine. Used to do it all with a stealth. A bishop. The edge x. Stylus. I don't get why people need multiple machines . I watch smooth blends come out of a 4mm thunder all day. That being said it might be slightly easier with a variety of machines but I have never had a problem doing it all with one..
    Agreed. People should allowed themselves to adapt to the equipment. I was talking to a dude yesterday at the Empire estate show that came to the booth to get a Galaxie 3 tuned for cartridges. He started tattooing with Rotaries and went backwards to coils. He felt in love and never looked back and he runs cartridges with coils. That's all he uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

8. Thanks michaelmyerstattoo, joelhague thanked for this post.
    Like michaelmyerstattoo, joelhague liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO Coils and Carts , NO NO NO....LOL...

10. Like Jesse Phillips liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2 machines im heading towards at the min that iv seen a few use on there own is the edge x and ego r12. They seem both pretty versatile single use machines

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    For the past couple months now I've used only the Edge X for everything, with the exception of small script stuff. I do that with trusty coil machines. I do so not from a coil/rotary preference as much as I prefer standard needle setup over carts for that task. I feel like super small groupings ride the tube and are therefore more stable than small grouping carts is all. I have a second Edge set up with a different stroke now also. This way just works for me.

13. Like michaelmyerstattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest I used nothing but a thunder for a few months with no issue.

A Swashdrive whip with weights will increase the stroke a good bit when you open the give up some.

Also my old faithful and maybe the machine I use more than I ever give it credit is my FKI Direkt as it is very versatile and works well with carts and regular needles. No give but it's a workhorse

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the edge x for everything, even the small script I think it puts a lovely line in with a 3 to a loose 14. I really want to try a direkt though I think it might be a nice cart machine for big lines and traditional stuff.
    @bengriffiths_tattooer on instagram.