Thread: Marvel

Post Thanks / Like

Marvel

finally finished a small sabbatical from rotaries , had about 6/8 months on coils only but am now back with the spinners! Started this marvel themed sleeve this week, black and grey with small segments of colour. Used an Lithuanian irons direct 13cm, a Rotary works aluminium 7cm and a coil liner 7rlClick image for larger version. 

Name:	marvel.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	29463

2. Like acink, tonoglasgow liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, I like the shine on Samuel L Jackson's head (it reminds me of mine in a certain light!). did you use your new machine with cartridges for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Sean , started with some EZ carts, bloody hate them, found it performs much better with a standard needle set up for me. So far have found no reason to switch over to them really. Have some other makes coming but if I really dont see me getting on with them. folk have told me I will get used to them but I dont feel any advantage in using them. That said Im loving the direct drive wish I'd tried one years ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool as f**k!

6. Like casey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still havnt tried carts simply for the same reason, I just can't find a reason to use them. As for direct drives I have a HM adjustable stroke DD and it's really good. It will bury any liner and do really soft black and grey as well with just the turn of an Allen key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanaskew19 View Post
    I still havnt tried carts simply for the same reason, I just can't find a reason to use them. As for direct drives I have a HM adjustable stroke DD and it's really good. It will bury any liner and do really soft black and grey as well with just the turn of an Allen key.
    In my limited experience with carts I havent found one reason why I should use them permanently , relatively expensive too so think I will stick in the dark ages and use conventional needles and tips plus I have a biggish collection of machines that wont go to waste

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ez carts are pretty much the low-end of carts there is a noticeable difference in quality between these and other companies such as t-tech. At least in my experience, i have a few boxes of ez's i had to throw away