Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's good rotary folks?

My name is Adam Ciferri. I live in Boulder Colorado, and I do tattoos and make tattoo machines. Ive been tattooing for 24 years and building coil-based machines for about 20 years. I just started using rotary machines and I dig em.

2. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Like John, joelhague, Dennis, nivek, Bully Jey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow great to have you aboard Adam. Obviously depends what you're after in terms of function, style etc... You can't go wrong with Dan Kubins, Shagbuilt D20, any of the Swashdrives, Spektras are quality too. There are so many great builders/companys to choose from

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam, there are many styles and ways the rotaries operate, a far broader range than coils I believe! Try as many as you can and you will definitely find one that suits your needs!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of your machines - Welcome to the forum ! Im gonna mirror others - Dan Kubins and D20 imo best rotaries around. The fact that both the dudes tattoo may have something to do with it. Like Swashes as well but between the Kubins and Shags and a *edit* I think one of your mini bulldog liner - pretty much my daily drivers
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    There isnt a best rotary out there. Most of spend thousands going threw rotarys till you find one that suits your style... a tattooist may find a cheep £100 rotary works better than a £500 one. And vice versa

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

7. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, this one of those questions that will get a hundred different answers and none will be wrong. I found with rotaries that you need to find a machine that suits the way you work and then adapt the way you work to suit the machine so you meet it half way, if that makes sense. I use 3 HM machines and my Halo every day, can't fault em. Direct drive, slide type, give or no give, speed and stroke etc. lots of choices and one big learning curve from my experience.

9. Like nivek liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanaskew19 View Post
    Hi, this one of those questions that will get a hundred different answers and none will be wrong. I found with rotaries that you need to find a machine that suits the way you work and then adapt the way you work to suit the machine so you meet it half way, if that makes sense. I use 3 HM machines and my Halo every day, can't fault em. Direct drive, slide type, give or no give, speed and stroke etc. lots of choices and one big learning curve from my experience.
    Yep tried so many, finally found what works. No different that coils, only down is they are not as easy to adjust to make work for you - like coils. If you can find someone that you know tattoos similar to you and uses rotaries to get feedback. Or have a freind with a bunch that let you try em . Like coils though easy enough to trade and try others, there is no shortage on here of ppl that will trade and are good people to deal with.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive "Cutback" Whip. Its like tattooing on autopilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Adam! Your machines are top notch,I'll be getting a new Pitbull soon. Glad to have you on here.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he meant what's good ? As in what's up? Not like what's a good rotary machine.. Haha I am more curious what rotary machines Adam is "diggin"
    Last edited by joelhague; 02-10-2016 at 06:19 AM.

14. Like nivek, Bully Jey liked this post.