Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New Prototype Rotary Machine

This is a new prototype to be as close to a coil machine with none of the hassle. It has adjustable spring give and a 4-5mm stroke. It weighs 5 ounces and has a bronze armature bar to give it that coil machine bounce. It will be a production machine in the near future. I can custom make one if anyone wants to get one before hand. I am thinking about aluminum and colored lexan for the frame and motor housing for colors. A sandwich effect with the aluminum in the middle and lexan on either side.Cutlass Machine 001.jpg

2. Like jerseybryan, The Limey, otto liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    finally i cary i think this is the one for me!, I have switched back to all my coils and even bought a new iron one by krayola with bsi coils and hardware.maybe i will have you make me one.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just think what the smaller version will look like in your hand. I'm going to get up with my engineer partner Monday and see how easy it will be to produce. It took me about 16 hours from start to finish.I have a sleave I'm doing in a few. I was getting bummed I had to try it out on myself when it was done. The cool thing is the cost will be reasonable. It cuts lines just like a coil machine and the adjustable give is simple to do. It was fun to make and it got me from in front of the tube for awhile.

5. Thanks Zapp thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want! I want! I want!

Been really busy with exciting things Cary, will touch base with you real soon!
    or blast me a message to my personal email.
    Rattus
    Tattooer, Business Owner, Mad Scientist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://rattydaddys.com
    Tattoo Supplies and Aftercare for the Discerning Artist

http://expressionsofrattus.tumblr.com/
    My blogging action

Post Thanks / Like
    dam i want to try one of this i seein them in acction and i likethe work that u can do with this

Post Thanks / Like
    It worked so well and feels like a coil machine and the performance was unreal. I am doing preproductions now if anyone is looking to have one in about a week.

9. Like Dreviltattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So whats the cost?

With the spring.. Can it be changed out to different thickness? What would you say the machine is best suited for? Lining, shading, color?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this machine on a large sleave piece the day I built it. I did the intire outline and did the first session of black and gray with ease. I did the 2nd session Wed. afternoon 5 days later and the black and gray had already pealed. I'd say you can do any type of tattooing with this machine. Springs can be changed and the tension adjustment is long so needle tension will give you all the adjustment to do what you need. Cost is $300 for aluminum and I am working on a production steel frame as well, for later release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the aluminum frame I am building for The Cutlass Machine. It weighs in from 5-6 ounces depending on what you get the motor housing made in [aluminum or black delrin]. Turnaround time is 1 week for this machine after we talk and discuss material you want your machine made out of.Chrome Aluminum Cutlass 001.jpg

13. Like The Limey, Rattus liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    that looks great., Iam always excited about getting on line and looking for new machine that everyone post on here..
    VAGABOND JAY