Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultra light rotary for stippling?

So 20 plus years has begin to leave its mark on my hands. The pain was getting worse so I stopped using coils and am now using Spektra X's and its much better. However I still need to replace my Redmond rotary made for slowing it way down for dots with something lighter. Any suggestions as to a very light rotary that's made to run very slow for dotwork? DD okay but I don't really like them as much as in-lines. Jondix's machines I think are light.
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive gen8 or compact whip... can do all with these bro

3. Thanks jeff tarinelli thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes a whip with the weights on it hits hardddd, and its so light man. Buy it direct from swash and youll save 50-100 bucks. The Aluminum ID machine from rotary works is worth looking at too.

5. Thanks jeff tarinelli thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on the whip. Jack Steel rotators are hard hitting and super light, as well.

7. Thanks jeff tarinelli thanked for this post.
    Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for the good recommendations. Ill let you know what I end up buying.
    Just read up on these Swashdrive Gen 8. Thats a sweet looking machine but it takes 9V to get it going. Doesn't sound like it can be run ultra low for dot work. Can anyone comment? Theyre sold out of all but one model machine unfortunately.
    Last edited by jeff tarinelli; 03-12-2016 at 03:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    they can run ultra low too - its only for the brushless circuit board thats controll the motor. Ultra low is possible with lithuanian irons rotarys too , shagbuild or i love for stripple work a skinductor modell 3 ,skinductor ultra too . They are a lot of very nice machines for this work on the market.

10. Thanks jeff tarinelli thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Darkness. Ill have to wait till they get them back in stock as sold out is a common theme at the moment with a lot of these new machines. Sometimes I can't believe how big tattooing is these days. I have a nice Bishops Rotary I never used I wonder how that would work for dots with cartridges I will give it a try. It doesn't seem to have as much punch as my Spektra Edge X's but maybe it would do ood with a tight 3 cart.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jondix machine is a motor stick on a piece of wood and a screw direrct on tube for close, a kid on the primary school can build better machine, even it work awesome is very simple build, too much

anyone can build this , but of course u don have his name for sale good, i don agree with this way of build tattoo machines, sorry

13. Like jeff tarinelli liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those brushless gen 8s are brand new and I can almost guarantee they are going to have their bugs. The gen 8 design has 2 bearings that can fail and a circut board that can fail. I had one of the last gen 8s and had a lot of problems with it. They let me swap it for a Cutback Whip and honestly I like it a whole lot more. Good luck.

15. Like jeff tarinelli liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ultra light rotary for stippling?

Tattools they make a plexi direct drive with a maxon motor and some sweet looking handsome tools too http://tattools.bigcartel.com/produc...flower-of-life
    Last edited by OwlsDen; 03-13-2016 at 12:09 PM.

17. Thanks jeff tarinelli thanked for this post.
    Like sleezy23 liked this post.