Post Thanks / Like

Need help with my RPG Click grip

One issue I am having is with the RPG Click Grip. I got my RPG click 32mm grips yesterday but am having a problem setting them up. I cant seem to get the grip in the machine vice far enough to allow the needle bar to engage the cartridge for the needles to come out of the tip. I tried both the plunger type attachment and the other more slender one but neither seem long enough. The disposable grip slides easily in but the Click RPG seems to be blocked from entering as far. Even with the ratchet system as depth adjusted as far as it allows, the needles still will not exit the cartridge tip. I contacted FK Irons and explained my problem and they asked me to take some pics to better understand and help me. I sent them pics today but they didn't get back to me and its now the weekend. I am hoping to use the new grip tomorrow and Sunday so Id appreciate any thoughts on this. I watched a few videos of people setting up their RPG's onto this same machine but I can't see them doing anything different than I am doing.
    Here's the pics showing the disposable grip going into the machine easily and fully but the RPG Click will only go in a shallow amount hence not engaging the needles. I am having this same grip problem with either machine btw. I know I must be doing something wrong but honestly can't figure this out.
    20160318_122648.jpg20160318_122707.jpg20160318_122734.jpg
    Last edited by jeff tarinelli; 03-19-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tired completely unscrewing the black collar off your machine . then sliding both halves of it over your silver part of your grip shaft. Then attaching all of those together like it was one piece . it should have no problems going on far enough none of the silver shaft is left exposed. First step see if the collar fits over the silver part when fully unscrewed and off the machine

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe the silver tail stem part on your click grip was CNC too long or something does it look longer then the disposable RPGs back stem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Have you tired completely unscrewing the black collar off your machine . then sliding both halves of it over your silver part of your grip shaft. Then attaching all of those together like it was one piece . it should have no problems going on far enough none of the silver shaft is left exposed. First step see if the collar fits over the silver part when fully unscrewed and off the machine
    Yes I did. It simply wont tighten unless the shaft is lowered. Its like its hitting something but I can't see anything in the way. Again, the disposable slides right in easy breezy.

Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Or maybe the silver tail stem part on your click grip was CNC too long or something does it look longer then the disposable RPGs back stem?
    They are the exact same lengths I put them side by side as soon as I was having the problem to check this very thought.

The only thing I can think of is the Click shaft has grooves cut into it so I thought maybe it acts like a key into a key hole and must line up just right so I twisted and rotated the grip every which way to see if it would line uo allowing it to insert fully but no luck. The first thing I noticed when I tried to install the RPG Click the first time is the machine was way higher than I had ever seen it or used it. It just will not go in any further.

Maybe I should field strip the grip and see if the shaft can be moved further into the grip. TBH the instruction booklet that comes with the grip is terrible so I was hesitant to take it apart until I found a better manual.

Such a bummer! I got 2 beautiful grips but cant use them.
    Last edited by jeff tarinelli; 03-19-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Need help with my RPG Click grip

Quote Originally Posted by jeff tarinelli View Post
    One issue I am having is with the RPG Click Grip. I got my RPG click 32mm grips yesterday but am having a problem setting them up. I cant seem to get the grip in the machine vice far enough to allow the needle bar to engage the cartridge for the needles to come out of the tip. I tried both the plunger type attachment and the other more slender one but neither seem long enough. The disposable grip slides easily in but the Click RPG seems to be blocked from entering as far. Even with the ratchet system as depth adjusted as far as it allows, the needles still will not exit the cartridge tip. I contacted FK Irons and explained my problem and they asked me to take some pics to better understand and help me. I sent them pics today but they didn't get back to me and its now the weekend. I am hoping to use the new grip tomorrow and Sunday so Id appreciate any thoughts on this. I watched a few videos of people setting up their RPG's onto this same machine but I can't see them doing anything different than I am doing.
    Here's the pics showing the disposable grip going into the machine easily and fully but the RPG Click will only go in a shallow amount hence not engaging the needles. I am having this same grip problem with either machine btw. I know I must be doing something wrong but honestly can't figure this out.
    20160318_122648.jpg20160318_122707.jpg20160318_122734.jpg
    For what you explain, it seems that the edge of the back stem of the grip may have have marked the collet causing it to jam with it. Try the following:completely unscrew the chuck and slide collet and chuck over the grip and then inset everything together on the vise receiver.

This should allow the grip to go as far as it has to go.

If you can't tighten it, then you may need a new collet. Just simply hit us up via email at [email protected] attention "Kayleigh. "

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your help. I will give that a try tomorrow. Strange that its the same problem with both machines. The purple one I bought used but the WHI one is brand new. One question, are the rpg disposable stems a different diameter than the aluminium rpg?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I had already suggested you said you tried it already

Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Yes I did. It simply wont tighten unless the shaft is lowered. Its like its hitting something but I can't see anything in the way. Again, the disposable slides right in easy breezy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your help. I will give that a try tomorrow. Strange that its the same problem with both machines. The purple one I bought used but the WHI one is brand new. One question, are the rpg disposable stems a different diameter than the aluminium rpg?
    Same diameter. What could be happening is that the collet just needs to break in by assisting it like I mentioned before. One thing that just came to my mind is that perhaps slightly filing with a nail file all around the edge of the back stem to ensure its rounder.

Let me know if this work for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was exactly the problem and was an easy fix. The fresh rough edge on the grip was making it harder to slide into place. I am glad I eared on the side of caution and did not force it that could have buckled the collar. It just needed some finesse. Thank again

Post Thanks / Like
    That was exactly the problem and was an easy fix. The fresh rough edge on the grip was making it harder to slide into place. I am glad I eared on the side of caution and did not force it that could have buckled the collar. It just needed some finesse. Thank again
    Glad to hear! Enjoy it.