Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Halo 2 vs. Edge X or Thunder

Hi guys.I saw few posts about the new Halo 2,and I'm quite interested to try it.Can any of you Halo 2 owners compare it with Edge X or Thunder.How does it run carts,vibration,sound?For the moment i prefer my Thunder a bit more than the Edge.Any opinion would be appreciated.Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the edge x and the halo 2 and it runs pretty close to how the edge does, with the exception of being able to use standard needles. it is a very smooth and solid machine with easy to adjust give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you prefer the Halo 2 over the Edge X for carts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually love both of them, I can't really say one is better than the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply Brandon.Good to know.Any other Halo 2 owners got something to say?I know many of you already own it

Post Thanks / Like
    bro stick to the thunder until gaston makes the upgrades.8/10 times when a new model comes out after a few months of usage they make upgrades to get rid of bugs.remember halo 1? ...new slide?....

7. Like joelhague liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah,true.I use to own some of the very first Edge X.Now my colleague bought an Edge X,and it runs and sounds very very different than mine

Post Thanks / Like
    I pre-ordered the Halo 2 and got it when it first came out. Aesthetically the machine is flawless. The grommet-less armature clip is cool as well as the needle bar tension wheel. I did notice, however, that doing black and grey with it I had to be really careful to not get any mag marks regardless of voltage or how much or little give was adjusted. This could possibly be that the machine just doesn't suit how I tattoo. I'm using an AXYS direct drive now with carts and flexx bar and it does everything very smooth for me. Shading is very airbrush like. I had a Halo 1 and really liked it though so I dunno.

10. Thanks Ivo Stankov thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butternuts View Post
    I pre-ordered the Halo 2 and got it when it first came out. Aesthetically the machine is flawless. The grommet-less armature clip is cool as well as the needle bar tension wheel. I did notice, however, that doing black and grey with it I had to be really careful to not get any mag marks regardless of voltage or how much or little give was adjusted. This could possibly be that the machine just doesn't suit how I tattoo. I'm using an AXYS direct drive now with carts and flexx bar and it does everything very smooth for me. Shading is very airbrush like. I had a Halo 1 and really liked it though so I dunno.
    besides technique it could be a stroke difference or a motor with more torque.it doesnt mean its not as good as your axys or h1 ,you just need a few tattoos to adapt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks butternuts.I usually don't get used easy with new machines.That's why I only have 2-3 favorite machines,and the rest of them are sold.As my brand new Dragonfly X2.It just doesn't suit my style.Guess I just have to go for it and see if I like it ��