Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say that I don't believe you, just that I disagree with you. Its not a contest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a La Pinta for sale if you wanna try one

Post Thanks / Like
    DM'd

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    Go on periscope add carl grace as a friend when he goes live doing a tattoo he will answer any questions about his tattooing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure Carl Grace does plenty of Black and Grey tattoos using a 4mm stroke Hawk Thunder This contradicts your stroke theories

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    Pretty sure Carl Grace does plenty of Black and Grey tattoos using a 4mm stroke Hawk Thunder This contradicts your stroke theories
    The owner of the shop I work do black and gray work only with a Hawk Thunder and she do supersmooth work all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Bishop. I used a spektra halo for a while. One of my coworkers uses a neotat and the other uses a Hawk Pen.

7. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all to do with what machine suits you, you could spend a shit load of cash on a number of machines that people have recommended and none will suit you. I was switched on to Roman's (HM) machines quite early after changing to rotaries so I was fortunate in finding machines that suited me quite quickly. I also use a halo on short stroke which works really well but I do prefer my HM machines for the softer stuff.
    https://www.facebook.com/electricink.redcar
    Instagram - ELECTRIC_INK__REDCAR_TATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingmirror View Post
    This is true but if you read my answer you got to start somewhere and the 2.5lining bng , 3.5 bng colour , 4 colour rule of thumb is a good place, otherwise you are just scatching in the dark. I use 2.5 flite soft bar for my bng with bugpin carts at 15v. But ive been on a 1to1 with bng artist and they used 3.5 bishop with 12s. Till i had a start point i too was frustrated with my bng, now im far more into it and then i can constrate on my hand speed and stretch to get it even smoother not only that each machine has its own is differences but again i say stick with it and learn the machine dont get carried away in buying every machine that comes out thinking it will make you good. Save your money and spend it on a art course that will make you better than any machine would do. 9/10 its the art skill that lets people down not the machine. Its pointless to say "oh my bng is shit, its all choppy and not smooth" when the art skill is crap and you dont understand value and tones. Because ive seen choppy bng which looks amazing because the artwork holds it self with tones and value.

10. Like gautam liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    This is true but if you read my answer you got to start somewhere and the 2.5lining bng , 3.5 bng colour , 4 colour rule of thumb is a good place, otherwise you are just scatching in the dark. I use 2.5 flite soft bar for my bng with bugpin carts at 15v. But ive been on a 1to1 with bng artist and they used 3.5 bishop with 12s. Till i had a start point i too was frustrated with my bng, now im far more into it and then i can constrate on my hand speed and stretch to get it even smoother not only that each machine has its own is differences but again i say stick with it and learn the machine dont get carried away in buying every machine that comes out thinking it will make you good. Save your money and spend it on a art course that will make you better than any machine would do. 9/10 its the art skill that lets people down not the machine. Its pointless to say "oh my bng is shit, its all choppy and not smooth" when the art skill is crap and you dont understand value and tones. Because ive seen choppy bng which looks amazing because the artwork holds it self with tones and value.

I totally agree. Cheers man✌️��

Post Thanks / Like
    I can do super smooth black and gray with a coil liner that's around 150hz unloaded just fine, an HM DD just fine, a Halo just fine, an Inkjecta 3.5 just fine, a Neotat Vivace 3.5 or 4.0 just fine, an Cheyenne Thunder/Spirit, and an Edge X just fine. It's not the Indian it's the arrow. There is no perfect machine nor stroke. It's what weight, vice, and machine you prefer. The rest of it is like asking what underwear we all prefer. They hold your nuts and do the job don't they? Seriously though, people get way too hung up on this topic and it's all personal. There is no best you'll eventually learn and opinions are subjective.

13. Like casey, nivek liked this post.