Post Thanks / Like

spektra direkt trouble

I bought a direkt about a year ago, and from the start it was getting hot and was pretty loud. They suggested I spray it with wd40, and that took care of the noise and the warming up. It was my first rotary I lined with, and it was ok. However, a few weeks ago my coworker bought a direkt, and it's so smooth and great to line with. I decided to try again and bought another one. But again, it's getting warm and it just doesn't move as freely as hers. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions to fix it or other machines that work well for lining?

Post Thanks / Like
    Needle band tension or to much needle bend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using the o ring for tension, and it's running consistently great on her machine, and shitty on mine so I don't think it's that or the bend. Even without it being set up, you can feel the difference when you move it

Post Thanks / Like
    Try yours on a different power supply? Hers on your power supply? Rca cord in good shape? Footswitch shorting out?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem last year, here's what fixed mine http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...ghlight=Direkt
    Loosening the screws. Mine was also noisy and not running freely from day one. Hope that helps you too!

Post Thanks / Like
    It was the screws, thanks so much for saving me the hassle of sending them back! I had tried loosening the screws on the front, but not the ones behind the motor. Everything seems to be moving freely now.

7. Like Mog liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was all on the same power supply and rca cord, but I've got it sorted out! Thanks!