Post Thanks / Like

Inkjecta flite v2 - needlebar wobble?

Hey gang..

i just got the flite v2 and as i suspected, the 'springs' on the 3 different armature bars (soft hit, medium hit, hard hit) dont seem to actually have any 'give' when pressure is exerted on the needle points...the springs only flex from side to side so it doesnt really duplicate the soft hit on a traditional tattoo machine , where the needles will actually 'back up' into the tube when the springs are set up to hit softly...

??

in traditional tattoo machines, rubber bands are implemented to stop the needles from sliding from side to side in the tube,( which is what these flite v2 needle bars seem to do), as this (in my experience) is supposed to be considered a bad thing..

has anyone used the different needle bars in the v2 and found that it works like a traditional tattoo machine with a softer hit?

Post Thanks / Like
    The horns on the sides of the machine body are there for small rubber bands. These pull the middle of the spring towards the machine and gives the spring more flex. As far as wobble goes, a smaller inner diameter grip is needed (Cheyenne, Swashdrive, FKI and Kingpin all work. T-Tech, not so much).

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    indeed, because of the guide u need to keep the bar straight in the tube
    ttech is 6mm bore
    cheyenne was 3 or 4mm

Post Thanks / Like
    FK irons RPG click seems to work the best with the flite v2 , no wobble and quit

Post Thanks / Like
    And, honestly, the drive bar wobbling a little shouldn't affect the needles with this machine. Cartridges, by design, have a fixed linear motion anyway.