Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne Pen Noisy !!!

My pen decided that its time to run noisy without a cartridge.... Runs as its supposed to and its pretty silent with the cartridge in it tho !!
    I feel like it vibrates more too without the cartridge too !!

Im really tempted to try and open it up to clean it out... maybe its just dust or something in there... Did anyone managed to open one to its guts ? Is it hard to do so...? I know i opened some Thunders, and that was a pain in the ass and scratched the front plate ...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I scratched mine quite a bit opening it there is a thread on it I'll also see what I can dig up

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    send it back to your supplier they will fix it, if you bought it secondhand I believe the problem is the built in spring. Sometimes it gets loose and that makes the machine noisy but it still runs fine, just it being loose causes the extra vibration/noise. You can fix it with JB Weld but if you have a warranty and can send it back it takes about a month and they can fix that for you-0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well id rarher try and fix it my own.... im the curious type and i wanna see its guts....
    Ill get another machine that i can use for everything as i do with my pen, then when i feel i can miss it for awhile, ill open it up...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking at it from the bottom up like in thru the cartridge hole the orange part unscrews counter clock wise.then the same with the body piece after that

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I needed to use vice grips and wrap the machine in something to try n stop it from being scratched I used a variety of things cardboard tape non slip draw liners thick plastic. Still scratched mine but got it right open

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Wal-Mart and get a roll of the compression tape and wrap that around the areas to be clamped a shit ton of times and you won't scratch your machine all up.
    Elastic-Adhesive-Bandage-Cohesive-Bandage-Fabric-tape-sport-bandage-compression-bandage.jpg
    Last edited by Butternuts; 04-19-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Literally just did this last night and you can't even tell I took the machine apart. Not a single scratch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks alot for the input... I will defiently do that... But i need to get a replacement first... Because the pen is pretty much my daily runner... Id hate to mess something up and not beeing able to do what i need to do...
    Thanks alot for the help... I will let you guys know how it goes

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both the Cheyenne Pen and the EZ Pen and the only difference I can tell between the two was one was $600 and the other one was like $200. If you want a backup I would look into that.