Post Thanks / Like

Spektra Halo 2 rca connection issues

Hi everyone,

I just purchased the new Halo 2 from FK about a month ago. Love the machine but I'm having issues with it. My machine stopped running and I found if I fiddled with the RCA connection where it connects to machine, it would run. If I apply slight pressure on the connection point, at the correct angle, the machine runs. At first I thought it was the RCA cord (FK RCA cord). I bought a replacement RCA cord from RadioShack and also picked up a 3.5mm cord with RCA and Phono adapters. The machine still wouldn't work with the new cords. Again, after applying very slight pressure at the correct angle near the machine and rca connection point, the machine runs with the new cords. So....I'm starting to think the issue is with the RCA input on the machine and not the RCA cord. Have any of you had similar issues? Either with the Halo2, previous halos, or other rotary machines?

I know I can send it back to FK since it's still under warranty but I want to make sure it's definitely the machine and not something else.

The power supply I'm using is an Eikon EMS 420.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my guess , the rca connector inside

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jack. My boss ordered a Halo 2 with the right angle cord a couple days ago. I'm going to try my cords on her machine and vice versa. That should tell me for sure where the issue lies.

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be the contection in the bolt motor.. ive opened a bolt motor up and its very simple how the old ones worked and got power. No doubt its not contecting inside if its not just send it back or you could undo the 2 allens keys that hold the motor in place slide it out then make sure every thing touches what it does. Refit and adjust and it will work. But if its new just send it back.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Hellraiser. I'll be sending it back. I just bought it about a month ago. I'll have FK investigate and fix it.

I can however vouch that FK RCA cords are very well made lol. Before realizing it was not the RCA cord, I was a bit impatient and instead of waiting to hear back from FK to see if they would be willing to replace the RCA cord, I decided to take the cord apart. The wires are soldered to the RCA connector very well AND they use some kind of hot gun glue or silicone to keep the soldered connections from moving around and coming apart. When I took the RCA cord apart everything was still in tact. With some work, I stripped away the glue/silicone and the soldered connections still stayed on nice and tight. I'll definitely be ordering more RCA cords from them. Oh, and FK replied back and said they'd replace the cord if I sent in the old one. Damn my impatience. Good to know they stand behind their products though.
    Last edited by jtc; 05-04-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can try to simply flip over the motor, shaft down making it rest where the MotorBolt lays flat on a surface white the shaft is free from any contact with the flat surface RCA facing up. Then tap with a non metallic mass the RCA softly forcing the motor to bottom down and flush with the rim of the housing. While this issue is not common some times the thread lock can run through the threads and break the contact. Taping it softly while forcing the motor to flush with housing lip can strip the thread lock and reconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to say that I love you. With all my heart. That fixed the issue. FK, you guys rock. Wedged the motor between two rolls of masking tape and used the bottom of a bottle of Stencil Stuff to do the tapping.
    Last edited by jtc; 05-04-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We love you back man. Glad I was able to help. And thank you again for your purchase and support. 😘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com