Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my stealth for 2 years. Its good for solid color packing thats what i use it for anyways. not a great machine but for 100 it pays for itself fast. the 1mm bearing is useless. I use the 2mm for all work and just adjust my needle hangout n voltage. It was the first rotary I ever used and have upgraded to rapiers, stigmas, and hawk since...

Post Thanks / Like
    so its a good starter and make you a believer rotary tattoo machine with a good price tag? Can i do 3 tattoos a day for 5 days a week and it will last 2 years? are stealths from world wide only and the others a knockoff of that? i heard the stealth runs on low voltage and the swiss made runs on higher voltage, is that true? are the bearings tight and not loose? sorry for all the ?s but im a lil curious cuz i hear alot of peeps are swearing by it

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a stealth that i have been using for 4 years that cost 40 dollars and a swiss at 400 and aside from a little bit of noise difference they are the same . stealth also lists their throw as half so a 1.5mm is 3mm and a 2mm is 4mm throw . they measure from center to one side instead of top to bottom . i also own a hawk - 2 blunderbuss' - and a few others

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the swiss has better bearings and better craftsmanship but the price tag is crazy on it should be like 250.00 no more.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the price on most machines is way to high , some upwards of 600 dollars . fuckin really , and we wonder what is wrong with the tattoo industry while we bitch about tv shows and china but that shit is out of control .

6. Like The Limey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worldwide tattoo the guys that make the "stealth" are Chinese owned. I have used the stealth and its knock off and they both perform the same, I would rather drop $25 on the non branded crap one and use it for a few months and buy it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Harper View Post
    i think the price on most machines is way to high , some upwards of 600 dollars . fuckin really , and we wonder what is wrong with the tattoo industry while we bitch about tv shows and china but that shit is out of control .
    i agree with the inflated rotary machine cost. i use 3-4 machines on a tattoo so $600x3or4=daaaammmnnnnnn!!!! im sure its worth it though but i cant find my self spending that much and shipping to the 50th state is redonkyless so i find myself buying other stuff to make it worth it. by the way, i love the tv shows= its been good for business

9. Like The Limey liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    im new to the scene but ive owned my stealth for about 1 year and half i gotta say for the price its decent but i really want a bishop or similar as for the bearing problem ive heard of them going out only after a couple of months but im still on the original packs in color and lines really easily run it on 9.5 volts

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh the stealth one of my first rotarys and a machine thats turned many a tattooer onto rotarys!...not used one for years but remember how well they packed in the black on tribal with a opened 14 round shader in a 18 round tip...like a big fat sharpie...fond memories.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might look out for a rca stealth just to travel back down memory lane...Ive only used the ali bodied ones im not sure about the plastic bodied ones?