Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 woes

Post Thanks / Like
    My Halo2 runs like shit too and gets very hot. Going to send it back soon. Needle stabilizing wheel runs badly and screw is now ruined because it was too tight. It came with only 2 stroke wheels, 3.4mm and 4mm. But now Iīve seen some pics and unpacking video with 3 stroke wheels. I send email about those problems, but didnīt get any reply.

2. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Like joelhague liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear you had such trouble with your machine. Fortunately my machine came with all of the stroke wheels. I only sent it back with one because I didn't want anything to get left out. The only hint my machine didn't come with was a few stickers like they usually sent. I know it's petty but I actually look forward to getting s couple new stickers to put on my box.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure they will get u sorted they always seem to in the end but its just become a constant fuck around for the last year or so it seems . sorry to hear your machine doesn't run the way you expected that was my exact experience and when I pay top dollar for a machine I sort of expect it to be problem free . I also don't like paying for a upgrade a couple months later . my halo 1 give knob would turn on its own and adjust itself and vibrate a lot above 8.5 to 9 volts too much to make the needle really steady at high speed . I was pretty annoyed I spent 500 bucks on a machine with a self adjusting give knob that give me needle wobble while lining fast . then told I need a power slider a couple months later . then I get edge x down the road and the give did not go very soft at all not like the video showed. Coworker had his 2 break the slide cover and also the give knob. Owned a few direkts and 3 of there coils but they have all left my studio for good now

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ray,
    First, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

To address the service for your machine, we do have a 16 point inspection that is performed on each machine that is sent in for repair or service regardless of the issue that covered every aspect of the machine from vise function to washer position to motor function, etc…
    A copy of this form is included with the returned machine so that you will know everything that was serviced on the machine, and a copy is also kept in-house for any future issues.

I have taken a look at your service form and while inspecting your machine, the issue of the “kick-starting” that you were experiencing was determined to be the fault of a slightly lower than standard positioned needle runner bearing. Since this piece was either installed lower than usual, or had come loose and fell into a lower position, the bearing was pressing down on the needle bar too much, causing it to bow into a slight U shape once the needle bar was installed in the machine sitting under the runner; because of this, the bar war arching up inside of the cartridge grip causing it to snag on the internals of the grip and requiring the nudge of the give knob to get it going again after stopping.

This was fixed by raising the tensioner wheel and securing it into place so that it was not longer applying excess pressure onto the needle bar and allowing the machine to run upon starting without having to press the give knob and fixing the original problem.

As part of our all over testing we generally try to run each machine overnight to ensure that there are no other issues that could be missed prior to sending back a machine; at this point we noticed that after about 20 minutes there seemed to be a power fluctuation that was causing the machine to speed up and slow down. The same continued when the motor was tested alone, which is when it was opened to find the lubrication that you mentioned. The motor of the machine is not supposed to be lubricated, especially around the shaft, as this can seem down and insulate the brushes of the motor causing the fluctuations that were experienced, which is why we recommended the new motor for the machine.

I apologize for the confusion, and any miscommunication that has happened on our end. We understand that these machines are used for artists to make a living, and never want to intentionally cause delays or make anyone feel as though they have slipped through the cracks or had any concerns that were not addressed.

I will have the service form sent over to you so that you are able to see what I have mentioned, and will ensure that we send it to cosmicpriMate rather than cosmicpriVate as we did before! I’ll also make sure that you receive extra stickers for your tool box as we’ve recently received a bunch of new designs!

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions, or if there is anything else that I am able to do to assist you. My email is [email protected], or you can call the office at 1-855-354-7667

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by painman View Post
    My Halo2 runs like shit too and gets very hot. Going to send it back soon. Needle stabilizing wheel runs badly and screw is now ruined because it was too tight. It came with only 2 stroke wheels, 3.4mm and 4mm. But now Iīve seen some pics and unpacking video with 3 stroke wheels. I send email about those problems, but didnīt get any reply.
    If you'd like to send me more information on the issues that you are experiencing we are able to troubleshoot most issues through email so that you don't have to send your machine back overseas.

As for the stroke wheel, the original shipments of the Halo 2 only included the 3.4mm and the 4.0mm stroke wheels, we did not introduce the 2.8mm stroke until later based on customer feedback, however, we are providing these free of charge to anyone who did not receive them originally, I would just need your shipping address.

You can contact me through my direct email [email protected], or you can shoot me a message through the forum and I will be sure to have that straightened for you.

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Halo 2 woes

Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    I'm sure they will get u sorted they always seem to in the end but its just become a constant fuck around for the last year or so it seems . sorry to hear your machine doesn't run the way you expected that was my exact experience and when I pay top dollar for a machine I sort of expect it to be problem free . I also don't like paying for a upgrade a couple months later . my halo 1 give knob would turn on its own and adjust itself and vibrate a lot above 8.5 to 9 volts too much to make the needle really steady at high speed . I was pretty annoyed I spent 500 bucks on a machine with a self adjusting give knob that give me needle wobble while lining fast . then told I need a power slider a couple months later . then I get edge x down the road and the give did not go very soft at all not like the video showed. Coworker had his 2 break the slide cover and also the give knob. Owned a few direkts and 3 of there coils but they have all left my studio for good now
    Aww man. You are at it again. Should I proceed with the other side of the story?
    Last edited by fkirons; 05-25-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

8. Thanks joelhague thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    FK, Kayleigh and Gaston have always taken great care of any issues I've had. They are human and do care unlike most companies. Client's hair got caught in my Edge's drive cam and they replaced the cam under warranty. Sent countless Halos in for small repairs over the past 3 years and they have always gone above and beyond the call of duty for me. I own 5 Halos and never had a single issue with a give knob. The Edge X's give is nothing short of perfection. Did you actually tattoo multiple large scale pieces with it and see how they heal? I have clients FLOCKING back to my studio saying they healed faster, better and insane time frames (3 days pealed) from their work I've done with the Edge X using full give.

I own an Edge X, a Direkt, 5 Halos and 5 or 6 FK coils still to this day. Cannot say that about any other tattoo machine company I own. So yes there are two sides to every story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kayleigh,
    I can't thank you enough for posting here as well as calling me personally at my shop to explain the issues with my machine. I appreciate your professionalism and your attention to customer relations. I completely understand the clerical error regarding the email and could never hold that against you guys. I'm also relieved to hear that the actual issue was discovered and repaired. I'd also like to reitterate for anyone reading that I was the dummy that screwed up the motor and and not placing any blame on FKI for that issue. Thanks again. I remain a satisfied customer.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a good read about responsibility and response.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya…they have always went above and beyond for me as well….nothing but good things to say about that entire operation..