Post Thanks / Like

Cartridge Setup Questions

My boss is an old school guy and still uses coils so he is not any help with this. I started using rotary machines about a year ago.Anyways I am about to make the jump from a standard set up on my direct drives to stainless grips and carts. I currently run a spektra direkt 4mm and a hm dd 3.5mm. What I was wondering is do I bother running a rubber band on my plunger bar? I don't see how this would matter seeing side to side wobble of the plunger bar shouldn't effect the motion of the cart. One of the main reason I feel switching would be a good idea for a dd. Plus I don't want to put more stress on the motors then needed. Someone correct my if my logic is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can run th n either way really, a loose band only keeps the plunger bar from popping off the nipple, not much tension is needed since it isn't required to hold the needles to the backside of the tube tip as in traditional setups.

3. Thanks OtherMike thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man i never thought about the plunger bar popping off i will run it with a loose rubber band and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I se the same 2 machines as my go to drivers. I use carts, i use the o ring that came with the direkt on the push bar, and a small runner band on my h&m dd. Altho i drilled a few .060" holes and
    Fit a couple push bar ends in as a "custom" band holder.helps to keep it them a bit more quiet.

QUOTE=ecsd;128705]Here is a simple band holder, a #56 iirc drill bit, and a couple push bar ends.
    The bit i used was .001" smaller than the drive bar OD (.060) after that, its pretty self explanatory

[/QUOTE]