Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kwatron rotaries

Anyone tried the kwatron equalizer machines? They make good needles, but what about their machines?

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All their machines are based of other machines, their proton for instance is a hawkpen copy just like the ez-pen. Its getting a lot of good feedback however, people are pretending like these machines arent knockoffs and are all about saving money

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the first thing I noticed when going on that site . the machines did look cool but I was like hey that's a hawk pen , neotat etc. But that seems to be the new trend everyone's making there own neotat. Hawk pen, dragonfly version. I haven't seen many new ideas just different body styles or tensioning options. But really how many ways can you make a needle go up and down

4. Like Eturnus liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many different ways... but most companies are afraid to go beyond... Which is understandable because most customers are afraid to go beyond... These products are good and proven and thats why they JUMP on board like scavenger rats. Stick with the original maker and the rats will have to find another source of food... I refuse to make a standard coil or DD because its so played out its like joining the circus. No thanks... Some like the comfort and security of training wheels and never take them off which is understandable as well i guess. There are technologies for making a object move back in forth that we have yet to even imagine... One day tattoos will not require ink or needles, Plasma conjoining lasers will have the capability to change the color of your skin at a pin point scale to a fat marker at 2.1 million color range... Some of us are just at the beginning of a whole new world of tattooing that will leave a lot of scrap metal on the shelves in those rat infested areas...

6. Thanks Eturnus thanked for this post.
    Like Bruce Gulick, thesmokingmirror liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was at oporto tattoo expo this last weekend and a lot of artist were using the equalizer proton from kwatron especial de black and grey artist
    they sad that is a really good machine well built good motor and hits softer than the Cheyenne pen.
    a thinking in buy one for trying. the price is good too is almost half of what a pay for my Cheyenne pen
    are there some one using the equalizer proton ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using mine for a month or so and I really love how soft it hits on 8.5 volts. I mainly do realistic tattoos. You can go to instagram and see some works I done with it. (Antonio404 instagram)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the Kwadron Pen,just out of curiosity.Used to own Hawk Pen before.I actually see them running very identical.Some people call it Cheyenne knock off,when actually Cheyenne Pen is a knock off of Stylus pen.It all comes to personal preference,but this machine runs very smooth,and price is affordable as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brought 2 Kwadron Pens. Both of them been used for roughly 10 hours in total. Both of them made a small pop sound inside....... and now they only have 2mm of throw. Sending em back to Barber dts and ordering spectra edge x instead.
    Last edited by devans; 05-03-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason people call it a hawk pen knockoff is because they copied the internal drive system of the hawk pen so it is in a sense a knockoff. The hawk pen has a similar body structure to the stylus but different internal system so its not a knockoff. The hawkpens system is closest to the NedzPen that came out a while ago but it had issues and the hawk doesn't they have a great drive system that's why there are so many new "pens" that have come out now that Cheyenne has standardized a great design. If you don't buy. Hawk pen might as well buy a EZ Pen, they work well and don't pretend like they created anything special. The NATS pens look pretty cool, they have some with Maxon motors and those cost less then the proton. Its a shame these companies are up selling and so many suckers fall for it

Post Thanks / Like
    im not interested for penlike machines.i was looking for a dd with adjustable sytroke as i rely on hand pressure and speed instead on give these days.my options were very limited so my eye caught the kwatron equalizer with the 10w motor.i purchased one since i couldnt find any feedback or info for these machines.i seriusly doubt that it has a 10w motor.(my thunder feels much stronger and i really hate that.i wanted a machine that has ,more or similar torque and hit of the damn thunder but could use standart needles also.)it also has terrible balance and it feels like its pulling back on the hand because of the weight and structure of the machine.need to say that during a 4 hour tattoo it snaped at least 7 or 8 rubberbands.so if you asked me i wouldnt recommend this machene.and for those who support its not the machine its the artist or there is no need to buy high end machines i can do my job with a knock off , as i ve read in a threat today, you are sooo wrong.