Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 bishop motor replacement

Hey guys I did a trade recently and looks like the guy sent me this machine where the motor gets burning hot in 10 minutes. It is not a friction issue as I removed the motor and it still did this outside the body. The motor is a maxon a max motor. I can get the exact # if needed. My question is to anyone with experience swapping motors if I order an a max directly from maxon what obstacles will I face putting it in this bishop. Like what does the ass end of these motors look like straight from Maxon I can removed the rca back plate and even get all the wires off with not much effort nothing is soldered I am just wondering if I will easily be able to swap it out that way vs sending to bishop and waiting for the repair etc I know the machine does not need any other servicing. I have already paid $300 USD for this used machine. Now drop another $129 plus shipping for a new motor . might as well just purchased a brand new one. But the machine was a gift and my co worker was stuck on getting this exact one. Now we are in the repair boat. Any help / experience would be appreciated. If I can order a Maxon right from them for 60-70 bucks and do it myself I would prefer that route. If not it goes back to bishop. It just really bugs me having the total cost of this used machine being now higher than a brand new 2016 one. So if I can do it myself that would be great

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one bonus is Bishop has great service - so IF there is a problem with the new motor you are covered. There are other motors that can work, just need to be the same size. I have a japanese one gathering dust brand new , if its the right size yer welcome to it for 30 plus shipping.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more