Post Thanks / Like

Magi or Cheyenne Pen?

As it says what do you guys think? Not really interested in give machines. Slight dampening is enough for me. Magi comes in at around £100 cheaper, morally i think I'd prefer to buy from Bishop. A lot of my favourite artists use the pen though and i've heard it's super powerful AND capable of soft smooth blends. Any opinions?

Post Thanks / Like
    cheyenne thunder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heard a lot of complaints about the Magi and seen more than a few for sale already. It's cheaper to get the Thunder if you want that type of setup. I haven't seen too many pens for sale,they had a few problems initially but they seem to have been sorted out. I've owned the pen for several months now and it's awesome. I also own a Thunder and a Flite V2,all three tattoo great. I also have an EZ pen which runs just as good as the Hawk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brimstonesix View Post
    Heard a lot of complaints about the Magi and seen more than a few for sale already. It's cheaper to get the Thunder if you want that type of setup. I haven't seen too many pens for sale,they had a few problems initially but they seem to have been sorted out. I've owned the pen for several months now and it's awesome. I also own a Thunder and a Flite V2,all three tattoo great. I also have an EZ pen which runs just as good as the Hawk.
    I have an EZ pen and didn't really like it that much for colour? It's super smooth and pretty quick but I found the torque lacking a bit?

Post Thanks / Like
    My 1st gen runs smooth at 8-10v. The new gen2s are supposed to be even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    dont buy a magi ...they are cheap and the cams breajing in 2 weeks -never before i have a breaking cam. The build quality is poor with a cheap a-max maxon. The bearing have play and the machine runs inconsistent. You hear it when running. In my box and many others was the second cam missing and i have 2 times the same allenkey in the box ( normal its a small one for the bar and a bigger for the cam) . Too many bad for a limidet Machine thats sells for over 590 usd here in europe ! As i write to bishop for the missing cam they reply i have to pay again 24 usd and the shipping to europa !!! great service