Post Thanks / Like

Spectra Edge X give knob

The give knob is extremely hard to turn. Like so much so that I need to take my gloves off and get a pair of pliers. Not a big deal but I scratched the house a bit once or twice and I'd love to adjust on the fly if need be.

Anyone else late have this issue? Any advice?

Its it's a minor peeve which is why I didn't just call FKI and I'd hate to lose my machine for any amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read on a post about this before, I believe it said to back the screw knob all the way out and then re insert it and thread it in. It can become cross threaded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, i did that. Even lubed up the threads a bit and replaced the give knob with a new one. I wonder if there is some sort of taper in the threading on the machine or something. I havent used the give too much lately and i have a halo 2 if i need a machine with give so its definitly not that big of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaston Suggested this to me for the same problem and it worked a treat:

Take off the knob, take one of the set screws that came in the box and insert the set screw with the allen tool that came with your machine. make sure you guide the screw properly and do not go in in one shot but instead by small increments while backing of, so it should be more like a zig zag motion where you screw a quarter and back off 1/8 of the run. Do not attempt to flush the screw with the slider because you only need to get in about 3mm.
    If you feel like you are forcing the screw then it's time to remove the whole screw. Once you have done that put a drop of oil in the threading for the give knob and you should be good to go. Should you have any further questions contact us directly at [email protected].

Hope it helps