Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Big Bold liner

I'm interested in buying a machine just for bold lining (anything bigger than a 9rl) and have been reading into a few different machines. I know everyone's going to jump on the Sidewinder bandwagon but I'm curious if anyone prefers the new brushless Clark rotary or the Jack Steel machine over the Kubin. I've owned some of Dans machines in the past and liked them , and while I haven't had a sidewinder, I do have a coworker who uses one. It seems loud and back heavy (compared to what I'm used to) since it's a clip cord only machine. I'm really interested in the Clark machine for a few reasons, I like the brushless motor and the mono cord, but mostly that it doesn't seem to have anything that would break or wear out. I would also like to have something that is cartridge friendly and with plenty of speed. I've read that Johns machine can run 140 comfortably , I checked the speed of my coworkers sidewinder and loaded on 7 volts it wasn't as fast as I'd expected .

Has anyone ran these machines and prefer one to the other for large grouping lining?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sidewinder is the way to go. It's not back heavy at all. Runs fast and by far one of the best rotary liners, if not the best. Lines go in great and heal just as good, unlike a lot of rotaries. Each to there own though. I also like the centri a lot but it runs a lot slower to line.

3. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    just remdember like the clarks the sidewinders are highly tuneable. and when it comes down to it , the parts on the sidewinder that endure stress dont seem to break.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget about the Whip.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Thunder does a great job.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesse, I've tried all sorts of settings with my Whip ,but can't get it to compete with my Sidewinder . How do you run your's ?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    Dont forget about the Whip.
    Jesse, I've tried all sorts of settings with my Whip ,but can't get it to compete with my Sidewinder . How do you run your's ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter clements View Post
    With the cutback whip for bigger lines i put the slide all the way back and turn it up to 8.5 or 9+ volts or so. Ive pushed a loose 11 on a chest like it's nothing with this set up. You can also use the light weight with the slide a few clicks back from the front and it hits hard and fast too.
    Ive never used a side winder though so I don't know how it compares.

10. Thanks peter clements thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have both and prefer the clarks over the sidewinder because the healet lines looks better for me and its hurts less i hear a lot from my clients - bad is the brushless have some starting issue and a very small power range ...the motor is running very slow (to slow) or very very fast ...and to do business with john is a pain. After tying to get a new part thats broken and he always post he send a new for free i get a mail i can use glue. its dont work and after 3 month i have now found a cnc worker thats make me the part new. but The machines are very nice from john but service and quality is top from dan and the new sidewinder v2.5 or 3 are top liners for bold and not back heavy ,thats only on the old version.

Post Thanks / Like
    For bold line work I would like to do a little self promotion I really love the direct drives that I make. They are also extremely affordable at just 275.00 hand made right her in the USA. I also think they are really cool looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by punisher; 10-18-2016 at 03:57 PM.