Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Armrests

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I HATE to say this - but I got one from Worldwide. 125 nice thick heavy base, thick foam and very adjustable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did u try the cheap one? how are they?

Quote Originally Posted by vsprotoss View Post
    I like the blitz and tatsoul armrests but they are pricey. I got this armrest. Freakin cheap! Simple but sturdy as a rock.
    http://www.frictiontattoo.com/store/...oducts_id=1733 44 bucks with free shipping. can't beat it. I like how the padding is oversized too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously! National has the best armrest out there for the money...
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vsprotoss View Post
    I like the blitz and tatsoul armrests but they are pricey. I got this armrest. Freakin cheap! Simple but sturdy as a rock.
    http://www.frictiontattoo.com/store/...oducts_id=1733 44 bucks with free shipping. can't beat it. I like how the padding is oversized too.
    We used these at my shop for a few years. They are all busted in some way now. Only two are still standing, and that's because they have odd parts we've jimmy-rigged into them. The tilt always comes loose on one of them also, and we're constantly tightening it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzai View Post
    We used these at my shop for a few years. They are all busted in some way now. Only two are still standing, and that's because they have odd parts we've jimmy-rigged into them. The tilt always comes loose on one of them also, and we're constantly tightening it.
    I've used National's for over 10 years...I put a fresh coat of paint on it last month, actually right after this thread went up, but other then that it's been a workhorse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know anything about National's armrests, but the two piece hinging legs is a good design. It doesn't seem to get in the way much like a tripod may have the tendency to do, and you can set a client's chair over the leg post, which kind of locks the arm rest in (if that makes sense?). Only reason we haven't trashed the jankety ones we have yet.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslingers View Post
    I've used National's for over 10 years...I put a fresh coat of paint on it last month, actually right after this thread went up, but other then that it's been a workhorse.
    Good old National-I've so much respect for them, but it's so dear to get them to ship stuff over here,and you can't get them to change how they do anything, so stubborn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered a new heavy duty one from U.S. Tattoo. Should be here by Friday, fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzai View Post
    Just ordered a new heavy duty one from U.S. Tattoo. Should be here by Friday, fingers crossed.
    Which one? the Tri or the flat base? good luck, but both have their issues

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the heavy duty flat base. The only issues I could see arising would be from the radial interlocking wheels or the bracing screws, but those both can be easily replaced with hardware for a drum set in the event replacement becomes necessary, which I can easily score from a local music store, and if the stitching becomes loose, I can have it re-upholstered, which I may do anyway just for longevity. I dig the size of the pad itself, gives me room to rest my forearms on certain peices, and can fully tilt because of the radial locks. If anything on it gives me issues, though, I'll be sure to let you guys know.
    Last edited by Shizzai; 03-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.