Post Thanks / Like

Halo surging? Again

I had trouble a few months back with my Halo surging. Long story short, FK sold me a new moter. I trouble shooted cords, Critical power source, my coils ran fine with consistent numbers but the Halo was all over the place. Hz runs 16 to 174 to 260 then back to wherever never steady. Same with duty. 35-41. I've never paid attention but is this normal for the Halo rotary? The sound of it running is how the last moter sounded before it started surging.
    With my last moter I thought at first it needed lubing it had been a 8mo -yr since I last did it. I only use it for eyelining. It looked fine but I wiped it down and lubed, same thing then I thoughtWTH, I'll lube it again before I bug Gaston. Apparently relubing was a bad thing because there was some oil in the moter and they wouldn't cover warranty so I just bought a new moter.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had an issue with a cam that caused what you described - check your cams movement, make sure its smooth..
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of my rotaries don't keep a constant doody cycle. So that alone, is normal imo. Unless it used to keep a constant number and then start wavering.

Post Thanks / Like
    rotaries dont have duty cycle so the readings could be either "0" or just crazy numbers.
    lubricating the motor is a no no and that applies for all machines
    if its inconcistent check the bearing.if you pushed it beyond its limits the small balls that are inside it fall or move and it makes an oval sound instead of a constand humm.it may also rattle if more than one ball falls off.buy new cam and motor if you lubricated this one also and it will be good as new

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.
    I just had it in for service a few months ago. Looks like i need to send it back

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are only using it for eyelining. I would go for a dragonfly or a pen type machine with carts. I use a 1st model red dragonfly ss to do eyebrows, i have no issues with it and i also use it to line normal tattoos with ive been running it at 11v for over 4 years without a problem.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Thanks thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    never lubed the moter but in trouble-shooting I relubed 2 times , wiping down the machine in between but apparently a little oul go in the moter. Fk didnt respond to the notes about my troubles with the surging only that the wanted to sell me a new moter