Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just put my order in for a Centri Evader!!

Well it was time for a new machine. For the past 5 or 6 months I've been running the EZ pen machines, which are decent machines for what they are, but was wanting to upgrade to something USA made and of better build quality and components. After watching the 20 minute product video Cyberitual posted I was sold on the 12v Evader and snagged one of his new RCA cords as well. Looking forward to getting this machine and logging in some time on it. To anyone how has the 12v Evader, I like running the Elite carts, do you need to loop a rubber band around the armature to account for the tension of the cart or are those carts not stiff enough to have to do that? I seen in Cyber's video he mentions the rubber band thing needs to be done when using stiff carts. Wasn't sure if the Elite's qualify as "stiff" carts or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you need def the rubbers for the elite - maybe 9v is the better evader version i think ....they run very soft. For some thats loving when machine is bocking down by lining

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mine alot. It's been my go to black and grey shader for about a month since I got it. I use standard tubes and needles though so I can't help you out with the carts. I got the 12v too. My ONLY complaint is that I wish it had a little more speed on the top end of its rangs as I find myself using it around or at its max voltage of 14.5. I wish it would go faster. It seems to hit plenty hard though. Pushed a 15 mag and an 11 round just fine. The weight and balance are awesome. Its super smooth and very coil like. I kinda wish I would have gone with the 9v but Im super happy and will be keeping it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!! I run my machines slow compared to everyone else so I'm thinking I will gel well with it. Can't wait to get it in and give it a go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to log some time in on the Evader the past few days. This machine freaking kicks ass period, end of story!! I haven't done much lining with it yet but as far as black and gray shading goes, you can't not get smooth blends with this machine. I bag the machine so I can adjust the stroke wheel on the fly while I'm working so I can really fine tune how I want it to space the ink dots and man this thing does a killer job. It literally shades like you're using the airbrush tool in photoshop. I'm used to having to really pay attention, cross hatch, etc to get good blends and with this machine I find myself being able to just scrub in one direction and everything is nice and even. Was shading in a couple rough, hard to reach spots and I was like "ah shit, that blend isn't going to be that great", wipe it off and it's perfect!! Not sure how it does it but it does. I'm actually kind of shocked I haven't heard more about this machine on here from other tattooers. To date, this is the best machine I have used, hands down, and I have gone through a shit ton. For the past 6 or 7 months I've been using the EZ Pen b/c I was getting a little frustrated at every "top of the line" $500+ tattoo machine I would buy from builders just wasn't doing it for me. There were little annoying nuances in either the design or performance that I just did not care for and I was getting better results with a $200 EZ Pen. This machine is worth the cash and it is clear a lot of thought and care went into it's design and build. The only and I mean ONLY gripe I have with it is that the vise knob can be a little slippy to turn loose if you have it cranked tight. I may take the stock knob off and throw a wing nut on there. Here are two black and gray pieces I got to work on with the Evader.
    15241156_1127400510629596_8075673694658933252_n.jpg15267776_1126405797395734_1269637497429879876_n.jpg

6. Like Cyberitual liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your happy with your purchase Butternuts, Surprisingly i dont sell alot to the forum members. I have few brave members as customers but i think most people are afraid or do not understand it so they just stick to whats common knowledge like coils or cam rotaries. Thanks for your review and nice work!

8. Like DavidEngbaek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im super happy with mine too..Every time I use it I like it more . Its sooo damn good and smooth for black and grey. I've found that just a little tweak on the stroke adjustment does quite a bit to the performance too. Ive found 2 sweet spots that I really dig. And the build quality is just top notch too, it just feels good in your hands!! I really want to get a 9v model one day. I think Mike really raised the bar with these and other builders should take note. The design is so progressive and modern and I believe tattooing needs a lot more of that these days. Im excited to see what he comes up with next!!
    Last edited by Jesse Phillips; 11-30-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberitual View Post
    Glad your happy with your purchase Butternuts, Surprisingly i dont sell alot to the forum members. I have few brave members as customers but i think most people are afraid or do not understand it so they just stick to whats common knowledge like coils or cam rotaries. Thanks for your review and nice work!
    Thank you sir. You built a kick ass machine that made my job easier. The give is wonderful and I have tried every give system there is for rotary machines. Flexx bars, give knobs, give clips, etc. and the 100% give setup your machines have is by far the most natural feeling I have came across using cartridges and the fact there is zero stress on the motor was well thought out. Well done on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that idea but after having the mark 1 and blowing 2 motors till i got the 12v motor in it. I think people just got put off.. i like new ideas myself and now the use of magnets to help things But It was a toss up over a swashdrive or one of these but i went for the swashdrive as i still couldnt trust not blowing a motor again and having to keep sending it back..as i use carts all the time now and the swashdrive motor is the same as the flitev2 and as i use v2s as my daily drivers i could trust the motor in the swashdrive not to pop.. but never say never maybe next year when the dollar drops against the pound i might go for it..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    I like that idea but after having the mark 1 and blowing 2 motors till i got the 12v motor in it. I think people just got put off.. i like new ideas myself and now the use of magnets to help things But It was a toss up over a swashdrive or one of these but i went for the swashdrive as i still couldnt trust not blowing a motor again and having to keep sending it back..as i use carts all the time now and the swashdrive motor is the same as the flitev2 and as i use v2s as my daily drivers i could trust the motor in the swashdrive not to pop.. but never say never maybe next year when the dollar drops against the pound i might go for it..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    What machine are you talking about? Mark 1?