Hybrid View

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think its a profit margin or getting out of control issue, its more of a price that equals how much use you will get from the product. If you use disposable tubes you pay roughly $1 to possibly $5 a tube, you get 20 - 25 tubes in a box. So lets say we paid $1 for our disposable tubes and i get 25 in a box and i have 6 boxes and we also bought a $150 dollar adjustable aluminum or stainless tube. I set them both on the table and ask myself which of the tubes will earn the most return for my investment. I can do 150 tattoos with the disposable ones and then i have to spend more money, Or i can spend 150 now on a stainless adjustable one and probably not have to spend money on tubes for at least 500-1000 tattoos "depending on personal care" except for cleaning supplies and wraps. The builder takes into consideration the life and amount of use one item is and gives it a value from that information. To be honest those adjustable grips can cost a lot to make. Disposables are made from injection molds obviously which is a hefty one time fee to make the mold then its cost pennies to pump out millions. These aluminum and stainless tubes are machined one at a time and then assembled and packaged by hand.... Not robots. When you see something that seems expensive ask yourself how long of a life does it have in your hands and is it profitable to your work ethics. You should be able to walk away with confidence in which ever your purchase may have been... Not to mention most shops are a $100 minimum, so your basically looking at no more then two names and that tube is paid for... $150.00 dollars is nothing when you look at the long term margins. Disposable tubes only exist for convenience not performance. I see metal clamps and jigs in the photography world go for $1000's and its just a piece of fucking metal that's been machined to perfection, so lets be grateful lol.
    Last edited by Cyberitual; 11-21-2016 at 05:44 PM.