Post Thanks / Like

Bishop Magi and Loop Needle Bars - Adapter?

Just had a guy rip me a new one on one of my youtube vids where I make the comment that you can't use traditional loop needle bars and tubes with the Magi cause it's set up for carts. He said there is a cheyenne vice adapter that allows you to use conventional grips.

The Magi is like the Edge X where the push bar is attached to the machine.

Ok, I guess being a girl, I'm a bit sensitive.....but am I missing something here? Tell me if I am wrong....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no expert on cartridge machines as I don't use em, but what difference would a Cheyenne adapter for any grip make, it would still be a cartridge grip and therefore still a cartridge machine with the plunge bar etc. If he's saying you can use traditional needles and tubes then I think you are right and this bloke is talking bollocks. Or is he just making a point that you can use any grip and not just Bishop grips? Mind you, I've just confused myself so I'll let someone who knows what they are talking about clear this up for you.
    https://www.facebook.com/electricink.redcar
    Instagram - ELECTRIC_INK__REDCAR_TATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly Seanaskew19. I clearly said "you can't use loop needle bars" with the Magi in the video, and this is what he posted: "You CAN use CONVENTIONAL GRIPS ("traditional"?) with the Magi using the Cheyenne Vice adapter." If he hadn't been so sarcastic and said I had no idea what I was talking about, then it would not have bothered me so much. He also blasted me for using Eternal pigments to do cosmetic tattooing. I have made the change from cosmetic pigments to tattoo pigments over the last year or so, and am getting much better results. A lot of cosmetic artists are waking up and doing this with incredible results. I've been doing cosmetic and some traditional tattooing for 18 years, so I'm no dummy. I've had traditional artists telling me for years that the cosmetic industry is ripping people off with their pigments. Anyway, thanks for your reply...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the cosmetic industry has been ripping people off with tattooing eyebows and lots of claims and bullshit for years, once tattooists get to know doing eyebrows with a rotary is so easy that industry is on a knife edge. Going on a £3000 course then charging £300 for eyebrows is a joke and rip off. I would like to do a semina on it to show tattooists that its not scary or hard to tattoo eyebrows in and it looks better and holds in. As we are tattooists and we know skin.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    amen hell raiser...amen...

Post Thanks / Like
    If we understand for "conventional" grips a grip for regular needles, obviously he's not right. Maybe he was talking about using any cartridge grip, like Seanaskew19 said, no matter the brand or if they are threaded or not.