Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Swashdrive Compact?

Hiya guys, i've got a Swashdrive Compact on it's way in a trade and was wondering what your experiences are with it? I'm puzzled as to why Swashdrive have discontinued it because i've heard some great things. Maybe it's a little too similar to the Brush? Anyway any feedback would be good. Has it got plenty of power, advice on voltage/give...

Cheers folks!

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a compact and it is a really powerful and versatile machine. Its probably the best all in one you can get. I personally don't mess with the settings to much I usually run it anywhere from 3.3 to 3.8 stroke and 8 - 10 volts and give clip from 0-2. Haven't used it in a long time however as the hawk pen feels a little more natural when tattooing and is quieter to. It is not adjustable at all save for the needle depth but that restriction makes it easier to tattoo as I an pretty used to the performance range and don't have any guess work or tinkering to do as I tattoo. Where the Compact excels at is in its range, for example it feels more powerful than my pen so when I need a powerliner for anything past 9r this can handle that better and faster than my main driver also I have the Vice version so I can use a standard setup with this machine and it performs flawlessly in this setup as well. I usually use it with a standard setup with blackclaw needles for fat line work and it is a small machine so it s not uncomfortable or anything. I'm gonna put it back in my main rotation now that I'm remembering the good times we've had together lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my compact is one of the best machines I own. Like thesmokingmirror said, it's just about the most versatile machines out there. Id say the only drawback is the weight balance. It's a bit top heavy. And the length, with tube attached, doesn't really let you rest the machine on your hand. But other than that, it's a pretty amazing machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it, I have the screw version but I think the vice version is more versatile. Agree with the opinion of the top weight but I'm so used to it and I don't care too much.. The best is the different settings that you can handle.
    Lastly mine has a problem, the machine seems to drop/increase the power by itself once I'm working with it for like 1 hour or so...
    Tried it with different power supplies (cheyenne/critical) but it happens no matter the power supply...
    Anyways I like it and hope to fix the problem soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eduki View Post
    I love it, I have the screw version but I think the vice version is more versatile. Agree with the opinion of the top weight but I'm so used to it and I don't care too much.. The best is the different settings that you can handle.
    Lastly mine has a problem, the machine seems to drop/increase the power by itself once I'm working with it for like 1 hour or so...
    Tried it with different power supplies (cheyenne/critical) but it happens no matter the power supply...
    Anyways I like it and hope to fix the problem soon.
    my gen 8 did that. I sent it back. The one they replaced it with did it too. Sent it back and got a whip.
    My guess is a bad batch of motors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers guys. Maybe the weight issue was a reason they stopped making the machine? I'll put my opinions down here once i've used it a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    my gen 8 did that. I sent it back. The one they replaced it with did it too. Sent it back and got a whip.
    My guess is a bad batch of motors.
    Thanks Jesse, I'll try to contact Tony but I bought it here at the forum and I'm not sure if I'll be as lucky...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jesse, I'll try to contact Tony but I bought it here at the forum and I'm not sure if I'll be as lucky...
    My gen 4 did the same an my gen8 ridgit an I found that is that some power supply dont give a lot of wats yes they might have a lot of voltage but the motor they used on their machine are more torque so is more wats than voltage I spoke with tony an is best to get their power supply the spinner an the good part is that it calibrate the machine on volts an wats an amps most don't have that set up check their videos on the spinner so ya can get an idea an thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I bought mine directly from them. They will tell you that you need a different power supply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some cool info on here. It's a very strong smooth machine, vibrates more than i'm used to.

11. Like thesmokingmirror liked this post.