Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stigma?

Post Thanks / Like

New Stigma?

These machines are still a bit mysterious? I know they're new(ish) but i've heard zero feedback about these since they were released? There must be a fair few being used. Anybody got anything to add?

Post Thanks / Like
    The same goes with the new carts ment to been out 6 months ago. I think how many machines plus the carts system was a little on the ambition side of things?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Killer Ink have only been selling them for about a month. It's obviously going to take a lot of time to get their positive feedback far enough to be as popular as Cheyenne. It does seem as though they've just came out with their version of a lot of other successful machines. Kind of similar to what Kwadron has recently done. At least the carts are a different system entirely and not just a copy of other company's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to hear reviews on those carts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    I would love to hear reviews on those carts!
    They do have to be used with Stigma grips though of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could be wrong but after the backlash against Cheyenne for being so insistent on only using their carts with their machines. To the point of voiding warranties and suing other cartridge makers, having carts that are proprietary to one type of grip or machine seems like a step backwards.
    I think tattooers, especially those of us who own multiple machines, want more options not less. Plus, we've all dealt with our favorite cart makers running out of stock and had to order from another company. Not an option here.
    I could be wrong. Maybe Stigma's new carts and machines are head and shoulders above the rest. But unless I got rid of all my other machines and carts and exclusively used Stigma products, this really seems like a stretch.

7. Like Bishopbyname, eduki liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    you need a special grip thats sold seperatly with and without click adjustment like the cheyenne -with this you can the stigma carts on every machine use. The pen stigma rotary is the only machine from stigma that use the stigma cart system exclusive. All other work over the grip that you can use or a fki cart grip. The soldier is my favorit because the brushless motor and the stroke is over a magnetic cam to change in secounds. The carts are nice ,very good needles ,perfect ink flow and its very nice to to be able to rotate the cart and not the machine -so mach improvmentis possible in the way to tattoo and no one bad cart in the box. But i have a fki grip to when some stigmas are out .

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    you need a special grip thats sold seperatly with and without click adjustment like the cheyenne -with this you can the stigma carts on every machine use. The pen stigma rotary is the only machine from stigma that use the stigma cart system exclusive. All other work over the grip that you can use or a fki cart grip. The soldier is my favorit because the brushless motor and the stroke is over a magnetic cam to change in secounds. The carts are nice ,very good needles ,perfect ink flow and its very nice to to be able to rotate the cart and not the machine -so mach improvmentis possible in the way to tattoo and no one bad cart in the box. But i have a fki grip to when some stigmas are out .
    Can the cheyenne twist grips screw on the soldier? Is the soldier machine loud or quiet?
    Last edited by slicksteel; 01-09-2017 at 07:00 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Micha, how do you find the twisting carts? My worry with these would be that they may pop out easily as they aren't twisted in? Do you thing the grip of just the o-ring is strong enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    i have never issue that the cart is poping out -with cheyenne some carts pops.. Only with the john clark and a stroke of 5.5 its pops.