Thread: Cart machine

Post Thanks / Like

Cart machine

What's good all was wondering what cart specific machine are artists using these days ??? I have been using my IKARUS DD and U slide and my halo but was wanting to get a cart specific machine
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't go wrong with edge x.

Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive brush is my go-to lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive just got a edge x .. not to keen on its give but its easy to use. Like flite v2. Just get a fk grip and colet and turn your dd into a cart machine you wont go far wrong with that... you wont find that golden machine...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    no doubt hellraiser wasn't looking for a golden machine I tried my whip and gen 8 with the carts wasn't as happy with how they do with carts as tradtional needles, but i found the DD are great with carts so I was looking to get a machine that has the drive bar set up on it
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    I use flite v2s.. and a edge x ive just started to use the edgex and found not to bother with the give for one it just dosent work, like most give systems this one is the same it has a spring but its far to stiff to make much difference but as a colour packer its great and a very small learning curve, i loved it straight away i swopped it for a gen 8 brushless that just wasnt a gen7 i found it hard to tattoo with the faster you took it the bigger the throw that brushless motor sometimes work i.e flite but in that case i think it if they would have made a compact with the brushless it would have been a killer.. shame they stopped making it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I use The Cheyenne Pen, The Edge X, and lately I've really been enjoying using the Spektra Direkt 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Rotary Machines= FK Irons: Spektra Edge X, Spektra Direkt, Spektra Halo
    Cheyenne: Hawk Thunder - Neo-Tat: Vivace - Neuma: Hybrid LS, N2

Post Thanks / Like
    Dragonfly x2 rps-600 setup

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Renfield-amazing build quality with adjustable vice that moves up and down like a hawk grip.Will accept fki click grip for flite bars as well as disposable and other cart grips. The two piece grip it comes with is amazing ,a solid stainless steel stem and inner cartridge core with a nice aluminum coat grip.It has very low vibrations and perfect balance. quiet ,powerful and fair price. uses a cam like a flite but better bearings and build quailty and balance-accepts flite,standard bar and clipped standard needles. made in Romania with a maxon motor. check out these sites to see some amazing work done with them.
    https://www.renfieldrotary.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/renfieldrotary/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Renfield-amazing build quality with adjustable vice that moves up and down like a hawk grip.Will accept fki click grip for flite bars as well as disposable and other cart grips. The two piece grip it comes with is amazing ,a solid stainless steel stem and inner cartridge core with a nice aluminum coat grip.It has very low vibrations and perfect balance. quiet ,powerful and fair price. uses a cam like a flite but better bearings and build quailty and balance-accepts flite,standard bar and clipped standard needles. made in Romania with a maxon motor. check out these sites to see some amazing work done with them.
    https://www.renfieldrotary.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/renfieldrotary/
    I haven't heard anything about these? They look decent and as you say there is some great work that's been done with them.