Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got the Cobra 2 in the mail this morning...Man is this thing beautiful!! Can't wait to tattoo with it today.

2. Like Cyberitual liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to log some time in the past few days on this bad boy. Although the machine is very well capable of doing everything, I do prefer the Evader for shading and color blending. Lining, for me anyways, is where the Cobra 2 kicks ass and I am sure it would equally kick ass as a color packer. I'm finally going to retire my AXYS as my main outliner which I have been using for well over a year. I am hoping Cyberitual can chime in on this but I have noticed with the Evader that while shading I can basically leave the voltage alone (I have it set around 9.3v) and am able to get the dot spacing where I want it by making small adjustments to the stroke wheel. I noticed today while lining with the Cobra 2, that I could have the voltage set the same (9.3v) and was able to fine tune the hit by making small adjustments to the stroke wheel, like if I was going over a delicate spot and felt it was hitting too hard I shortened up the stroke a hair and it felt good. Am I correct in thinking this? Instead of fiddle fucking with the power supply I can basically get the same results by adjusting the stroke wheel which is much faster and efficient to do it seems. Where you incorporating this into the machine design? If so then that is genius b/c with a bagged machine I am able to start the piece out just seeing how it is putting ink in/how hard or soft it is hitting and am able to get into my feel good range by twisting the stroke wheel a bit in the direction I want to go.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well yes and no lol, but more yes... What we are doing is shorting the travel time in the stroke when you close the adjuster and in a system that has no friction a shorter travel would create less impact so your hit would be softer and vice versa, the larger the stroke the stronger the impact. Now here is were it gets weird, If you change the voltage you obviously are making it faster or slower which has a effect on the force of the hit as well. But if you leave the voltage alone and you just use the adjuster, shortening the stroke will speed up the stroke "and hit softer" and lengthening the stroke will slow your stroke down "But hit harder". longer distance = longer time = slower speed. This is why this machine and the Evader are so adjustable. When using both power adjustments and stroke adjustment, every artist should be able to find their sweet spots. Im glad your happy with all the goods you ordered. You like my Auroras cables?

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense!! I'm finding, for my hand speed, I am able to get away with not having to touch the power supply so much and just make small adjustments to the stroke wheel which is pretty convenient. The cords are awesome, haven't had any issues at all. I am actually rocking a full Centri set up now that I think of it haha well, minus the foot pedal. I will be getting the Evader 2. I won't make the preorder list b/c I just got the Cobra 2 but probably beginning of summer I will be picking that up. The Cobra 2 body style is bad ass looking in person, pictures don't even do it any justice and it makes me bummed having to bag it for a tattoo lol.

6. Like Bruce Gulick, Cyberitual liked this post.