Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 2

Post Thanks / Like

Cobra 2

Just put an order in for the Cobra 2. I have an Evader and absolutely love it, without a doubt the best tattoo machine I have used to date. Anyone have the Cobra 2 and if so how do you like it for black and grey and color shading? With the Evader I am able to adjust it to shade and color beautifully as well as adjust it to be a really nice shading liner. I'm hoping the Cobra 2 is every bit as good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the cobra2 is the best version of the centri yet. Works great with standard needles and carts. With lining, try riding the tip of the needle first. It can snag pretty easily if you're riding the tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I think the cobra2 is the best version of the centri yet. Works great with standard needles and carts. With lining, try riding the tip of the needle first. It can snag pretty easily if you're riding the tube.
    I am loving lining with the Evader using standard needles. I am hoping to use the Cobra 2 as my black and grey and color shader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butternuts View Post
    I am loving lining with the Evader using standard needles. I am hoping to use the Cobra 2 as my black and grey and color shader.
    How are you setting it up for lining? I haven't had a lot of luck lining with mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    on my older cobras i think i need a lot more time as with my coils and have it to run mostly on the fastest seetings

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    How are you setting it up for lining? I haven't had a lot of luck lining with mine.
    I am not certain what I have the stroke length set to exactly but when the machine is running there is a dime size gap in between the (figure 8) when you look at the armature bar if that makes sense? I run the machine slow, a little over 9 volts and I go through and basically sketch the lines in, like I am shading almost, to commit the stencil and then go back over and sketch over them again to darken them up to where they need to be. I have found that adjusting the stroke on the fly to be extremely freaking useful because if I feel it is hitting too hard I shorten the stroke a tad or when shading I start in a non critical area and do some light shades to see how the dot spacing is and adjust the stroke till she is nice and smooth. These things are crazy versatile and am pretty excited to give the Cobra 2 a go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave my evader another go at lining yesterday with that stroke length and it worked great. Except I ran mine at 14+ volts. I like a very zippy liner. Im a single pass kind of guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear it worked for ya! I suck a single pass so slow and steady wins the race for me when it comes to lining haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    is 14+ volts not to much for the envader - ialways think i can go only to 12v

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    is 14+ volts not to much for the envader - ialways think i can go only to 12v
    My box is marked 14.5 volts max. The amperage is so low due to the lack of resistance too, im not too concerned about it.