Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new xion

Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt gaston say its not going to be 4mm, as the mechanism doesnt like that throw.. think in one film its 2.8mm and 3.5mm last one watched..as the motor is strong and it doesnt need to be 4mm.
    https://youtu.be/ZTsHeqO6NfQ

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Like Noa liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a stupid question and I know there are a thousand threads debating this topic already, but how easy will it be to clean the machine? Grips autoclavable? Will we able to reach and clean the internal plunger bar? It's a bit difficult to see in Gaston's demo video how the interior is built.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    Didnt gaston say its not going to be 4mm, as the mechanism doesnt like that throw.. think in one film its 2.8mm and 3.5mm last one watched..as the motor is strong and it doesnt need to be 4mm.
    https://youtu.be/ZTsHeqO6NfQ

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Heard the same from him on instagram days ago too, 2,8 and 3,5 because 4mm was unstable after testing it

5. Like Noa liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Might be a stupid question and I know there are a thousand threads debating this topic already, but how easy will it be to clean the machine? Grips autoclavable? Will we able to reach and clean the internal plunger bar? It's a bit difficult to see in Gaston's demo video how the interior is built.
    The "grip" comes off and is autoclavable. This is the first pen that I have actually seriously considered. I just can't justify the cost of the Cheyenne to try something I may not like, and the cleaning has me VERY concerned. It seems like they have put some serious thought into this - but god DAMNED the CAD exchange rate.

The service I have received from FK in the past is why I'm willing to take the plunge.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

7. Thanks Jin thanked for this post.
    Like Jin liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    The "grip" comes off and is autoclavable. This is the first pen that I have actually seriously considered. I just can't justify the cost of the Cheyenne to try something I may not like, and the cleaning has me VERY concerned. It seems like they have put some serious thought into this - but god DAMNED the CAD exchange rate.

The service I have received from FK in the past is why I'm willing to take the plunge.
    Thanks, I'm sure Gaston's put forth a lot of thought from every different angle, and I'm glad he's taken his time before even announcing it. And I'm sure you'd have a pretty decent resale value if you don't like it, I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people looking for one if they have a limited first batch. That exchange rate bites though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still, adjusting the give after starting to tattoo may be a bit of a pain, since the machine is already bagged. So I will wait and see what the next machine will be like, + Ill be awaiting the disposable grips. So far I love my Halo 2 and Spektra edge x.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noa View Post
    Still, adjusting the give after starting to tattoo may be a bit of a pain, since the machine is already bagged. So I will wait and see what the next machine will be like, + Ill be awaiting the disposable grips. So far I love my Halo 2 and Spektra edge x.
    Understandable - but its only a second or two more than switching machines out
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    The give really works no matter how you tattoo, changing it seems pointless as it does everything effortlessly.

12. Like Noa liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stigma is coming out with two new pens. Within a month or two. Uses their carts and standard carts. One has adjustable stroke and one has the same plus give adjustment, all on the fly! May have to be waiting for those!

14. Like acink liked this post.