Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new xion

Post Thanks / Like

The new xion

New vid on youtube.. https://youtu.be/ZTsHeqO6NfQ
    It has different throws and give.. but it seems nothing is on the fly adjustable..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I seen that. I was pretty anxious for this to come out b/c I do like the pen shaped machines but it just seems like it'd be a pain in the ass honestly. After the machine is bagged and whatnot and you think you have the give adjusted right, start tattooing and be like "shit, still hitting a bit too hard" you have to un bag the machine, take the grip off, make the adjustment, hope it's good, etc. A for effort, it looks beautiful but I'm thinking I'm going to pass on it.

3. Like Noa liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    After watching the video again, I guess if you bagged the machine in two parts, bagged the upper part and then wrapped the grip separate so you could twist the grip all the way off it would be a little easier to make adjustments but yeah, certainly not on the fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the blue pen shaped bags,order them off eBay or direct from EZ. I wrap the grip with coflex tape and the bag is loose enough to adjust the grip while still being wrapped and everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the ink machine pen might be the one to watch...

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah that's the one I'm looking at. Hopefully it is compatible with the wireless power system,, that's my dream setup. Wireless pen machine

Post Thanks / Like
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    Well the ink machine pen might be the one to watch...

if it's more than 5-600 only the fanboys will be buying. $600 is about as much as I'm willing to pay for a machine and that's still ridiculous honestly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a vid on youtube of it being used..https://youtu.be/m5vPF7ZfBxY
    But it is biased which is understandable. Personally not being able to adjust thing on the fly is not a selling point for me, giving it to someone whos never used a pen was a little shit as they dont have nothing to go on any pen can put in little detail as shown in the vid.. time will tell but having to wait for 4 months to get one perhaps people will get bored of waiting and go with the inkmachine pen instead.. who knows let the pen wars start... haha

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, sorry we’ve been out of the loop for a bit, we’ve been concentrating on making the new project the best machine possible

The pen features a unique (Non Swash) system that takes full advantage of the motor rotation. Meaning that with a full turn you eject and retract the needle without the need of relying on a stay up Spring. This allows the machine to start at very low volts. (2.5 -3.5 volts with softer spring cartridges)
    We we designed this mechanism to take as much stress off of the motor as possible, while ensuring that the machine has plenty of power and does not hesitate with big mags or 18RLs.

The goal of the pen was to design an ergonomic and substantial grip for the pen as it will also be compatible with a disposable 25-32 mm ergonomic grip with foam texture we will be releasing alongside the machine. This will eliminate the grip bagging portion allowing you to use the same clipcord cable to bag motor and body only.

Regarding the give we actually polled different mechanisms that allow you to change the give from the outside but most artists preferred that to be internally leaving the grip as the only turning part. To change the give setting takes seconds, and can be tested using the exposed drive pen while adjusting the give so that it is not necessary to reassemble the machine to test.

The pen will come with two strokes. 4mm and 3.4mm (or something around that length.)

The pen features ratcheting system just like the same system we developed for the Click Ergo.
    Ratcheting the grip will never expose the Gap like most pens do due to the design of the machine that allows the grip to slide under the body.

The Xion measures in at 109mm and has an ergonomic anti roll profile that will ensure your pen doesn't end on the floor.

We have deciddd to go with RCA due to the fact that most rotaries feature this type of connection, making the cable situation convenient. We are also developing a 3 mm rca mold injected cable that it's light and minimalistic.

Every single feature has has been and still be consulted with several artists that are part of the Xion research and development program. This is why is taking so long and one of the reasons we haven't jumped to release something as we want to ensure that it is bug free.

Every feature of this machine has been design to suit a variety of styles offering speed and torque control on demand.
    You can drop the machine low enough for pointillism or traditional salt and pepper shading. And also run at high speed for power lining.

We've been polling many of the aspects of this pen on social media and among the pro team. You guys can check the progress and take part of this project by simply taking part of our live broadcasts. They have been really helpful to help us deliver what most of you want from a pen.

We are under currently under production and we will be releasing the pen in June. This will allow us to build stock and supply all distributors worldwide. There it may be a pre order a few weeks before official launch but the goal is to launch when fully stocked.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask!
    Last edited by fkirons_kayleigh; 02-16-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

Post Thanks / Like
    oh man oh man. been waiting for a long time to hear that. June cant come fast enough