Post Thanks / Like

anyone try the Proton pen yet?

Eikon is selling the Proton Pen anyone use it yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got one. I am brand new to cartridges, I went out on a limb and tried them first with the Proton. It's got a hard hit, quiet, low vibration, and seems very consistent, similar to a Bishop if I had to compare. I've only done a couple of sessions with it, but I am excited to keep using it. The only issue that I've had so far is that it's a couple ounces heavier than a lot of other rotaries (factoring in the weight of the removable grip) and because it's a pen shape, nothing is resting on the back of my hand and it almost feels like I might accidentally let it drop or fling it out of my hand (which I've countered by using a metric shit ton of Sensi-Wrap around the grip to form to my fingers a bit better). I definitely want to note that, to be fair, this is probably just a pen-style issue period and not solely linked to the Proton or it could definitely be that I've been so used to Morphix grips that I'm having to re-adjust to a round grip, and that I'll get used to it fairly quickly the more I use it. I'll be getting a stainless steel removable grip for it soon to see if it helps.

Overall, great machine, especially for its price. I've only used Revol and True Tube carts on it but will be trying some Bishop Fantoms today.

Edit: Also wanted to note that the LEDs at the top of the new model (post-Penetrator) aren't bothering me whatsoever. They're fairly subtle, and I don't notice them while I'm actually tattooing. I think they only did that to distract from the name change, haha.
    Last edited by Jin; 02-16-2017 at 10:45 AM.

3. Like Bishopbyname liked this post.