Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    .. with rotaries it comes down to engineering and most tattooist havent the first clue about it most of them cant even tattoo, im sure if we came into your shop there be something that hasnt been designed and made by a tattooist, like i sead thats a dark age thoughts...Oh who was the inventor of the first tattoo machine? Mr edison perhaps and all coil machines are based on his ideas perhaps and he wasnt a tattooist, he was a engineer. Every idea has come from non tattooers at 1st then tattooist have used it. And every company out there including tattooists making machines are out for money and making profit thats why you see them making the same machine over and over with nothing more than a few tweaks money money money. My 1st post proves it. £10 machine against a £400 there isnt much profit in that is there... no not much but it done the same job, but it didnt look as nice as that lump of alloy all coloured and bright. You need to open your eyes and stop living in the dark ages, do you think fki is just about tattooists haha god no its about selling as much stuff and making shit loads of profit all them cnc machines dont pay for themselfs. You see mr top tattooist being sponsored why money and profit because you will fall for the premises that if you have the same as him/her you'll be just as good. If you think for one moment its not then, you are a fool...its not the 1960s anymore its a cut throat business, with studios popping up everywhere getting a piece of the very small pie... if it wasnt about money and profit why is tattooists charging over £70+ a hour for a tattoo then? We all know it dosent cost that by a million miles we could all do tattooing at £20 and still make money.. because we want stuff homes cars bikes clothes etc otherwise you would charge £20...............

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Like rollhard liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are making presuppositions about my statements. When did I imply that owning a machine made or used by tattooer X would allow one to tattoo like tattooer X?
    Also, your own statement about building your own machines validates my opinion. You, a tattooer, were able to make something that works better than the machines produced by non tattooers and for less money. At least I think that's what you said you did?
    You are missing my point about profit$. Of course it's about earning more than a simple living wage. That is a no brainer. However, I choose to give my hard earned money to the independent guy who has a soul and a love for THE CRAFT, NOT THE "INDUSTRY". I feel like you are criticizing me for not wanting to be a part of the corporate hijacking of tattooing. I can't totally escape it and yes there are PLENTY of things that I use in my shop that a tattooer didn't make. When I can though, I keep my money where my mouth is and make an effort to have some honor.
    I don't own any FK IRONS either, although I am not opposed to them. I hope you have a nice futuristic and profitable weekend. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this can be discussed without bashing anyone, right? I own Dan Kubins, Fki and a slew of others. yes there is a difference to the opinions of some when FKI is copied rather than dan cabin, hell or even amoeba designs for that matter, which i also have one and absolutely love the uniqueness of.

Post Thanks / Like
    When a builders design or innovation is straight up ripped off its a disrespectful thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    True, that is the way it is seen in this industry, yet look at oil, farming, technology, any other industry, one idea is built upon over and over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but this is Tattooing. Its unique . Its like nothing else. I understand the comparisons to make a point, but I don't really feel that they are applicable. Tattooing allows you to forge a life like no one else. Why do people want it to be what it isn't and take all the soul out of it? I don't want to be involved in some other industry full of honorless pigs. When I was younger I didn't understand why everyone was so tight lipped and cagey about all the secrets but I sure do understand now. Tattooing is very special to me and the older I get the more I grasp why it needs to be protected from mediocre leaching.

Post Thanks / Like
    The same should be said for any artist that has a very distinctive style of tattoo work,yet it is not. There are some fairly big names that have made an absolute career from copying a style exactly, not even trying to own it.

9. Like darkness liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmull View Post
    The same should be said for any artist that has a very distinctive style of tattoo work,yet it is not. There are some fairly big names that have made an absolute career from copying a style exactly, not even trying to own it.
    Truth.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the problem is this, if someone famous use the idea of someone else, all is cool, is is a local unknow builder or tattoo artists, is a bastard, sound like most of the time is like that

we dont talk about chinese that just create a fake machines,

12. Like darkness liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    .. with rotaries it comes down to engineering and most tattooist havent the first clue about it most of them cant even tattoo, im sure if we came into your shop there be something that hasnt been designed and made by a tattooist, like i sead thats a dark age thoughts...Oh who was the inventor of the first tattoo machine? Mr edison perhaps and all coil machines are based on his ideas perhaps and he wasnt a tattooist, he was a engineer. Every idea has come from non tattooers at 1st then tattooist have used it. And every company out there including tattooists making machines are out for money and making profit thats why you see them making the same machine over and over with nothing more than a few tweaks money money money. My 1st post proves it. £10 machine against a £400 there isnt much profit in that is there... no not much but it done the same job, but it didnt look as nice as that lump of alloy all coloured and bright. You need to open your eyes and stop living in the dark ages, do you think fki is just about tattooists haha god no its about selling as much stuff and making shit loads of profit all them cnc machines dont pay for themselfs. You see mr top tattooist being sponsored why money and profit because you will fall for the premises that if you have the same as him/her you'll be just as good. If you think for one moment its not then, you are a fool...its not the 1960s anymore its a cut throat business, with studios popping up everywhere getting a piece of the very small pie... if it wasnt about money and profit why is tattooists charging over £70+ a hour for a tattoo then? We all know it dosent cost that by a million miles we could all do tattooing at £20 and still make money.. because we want stuff homes cars bikes clothes etc otherwise you would charge £20...............

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    first of. What's up everyone. Long time no see you

To clarify your statement. FK Irons is about creating great products. Great product result in customers attracted to what you produce therefore that's how we can fibabce your life and more R&D. We wouldn't have any need for CNC machines if we didn't have a demand. Most company outsource. It's cheaper and you put more in your pocket. We went the hard route. Less profit but more control of what we produce. So it's not about making money. It's about giving the best version of your vision.

If i would go to work for the money only I would have been in another industry when're money can be obtained with a lot less stress, grey hairs, traveling and more hours of sleep. ��

Since day day one I have been pouring it back to the business growing the company and pushing equipment a notch higher with every release.

We we are in it because we love coming to work everyday. When you love your craft and give it all daily it Usually pays off.

I am really thsbksful of the support of our customers and industry and very proud to be part of it and why not... being part of the history of tattoo equipment making.

Glad to to see everyone doing great.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

14. Like Jack Steel liked this post.