Post Thanks / Like

The zion and a give away by fki

Saw on youtube live gaston talking about the zion, yea we all know whats it about and seen the vids, but hes going to pick 2 run of the mill tattooists anywhere in the world (hopefully not just the usa) to use the zion for a month, a shake down test in a studio that it will be mostly sold too, you'll have to report on how its been and if you had any problems, then after a month you send it back, at official release you will be given a brand new one...how i see it is problems really start when it goes into full production, when you get a little swarf not cleaned off or other little production problems when things are producted in mass, we have all probley had that in the past with some kind of mass production machines. But im not sure how hes going to do it, it might be a instagram thing but keep a eye out. If you subscripe in to youtube channel fkirons, you'll get a notification everytime they go live.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Like Jin liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to try one of these pens, but there are so many out there and 800 CAD on the Cheyenne is just not doable to me. Its not the money its the concern Im gonna hate it and the cleanliness - I have see what happens on the inside of the pens and it grosses me out.

These look like theres some real thought and design put it but I just cant swing 800 bucks on something I may hate.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that not just on every machine you buy? Or you could just buy a cheap pen to see how you like it then buy a good one?

Post Thanks / Like
    What happens on the inside of pens ??? Sorry if this is a thick question ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Pen machines are fine if you use your head while using them. I have seen guys tattoo with them and without paying attention or thinking while they are wiping they are holding it off to the side close to upside down and due to gravity you are going to get filth and ink up in the machine. I have used several different pen type machines with both membrane and non membrane cartridges and am 100% conscience of not holding the machine at angles that would invite back flow or touching the part of the cartridges that goes into the grip and have never had any issues. I set up another tray away from my work station that I set my cartridges on so they don't accidentally roll into each other or get ink dripped on them and whatnot. I have taken these things apart to inspect, clean and re grease and never have I found any trace of ink. If you aren't a slob while tattooing to where your work station looks like a pigsty when you're done, running the machine too high that you're spraying ink around and you pay attention to not tipping the machine upside down there really aren't any issues.

7. Like nivek, Jin liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by devans View Post
    What happens on the inside of pens ??? Sorry if this is a thick question ��
    I have seen the insides of pens that don't have autoclavable parts... lets just say - that membrane isn't always what they claim - ink all up inside it.

9. Like rollhard liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    Is that not just on every machine you buy? Or you could just buy a cheap pen to see how you like it then buy a good one?

yeah the python is one I have debating - the local guy said he will honor his Dec sale if I want to try it