Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Tatsoul Envy Cartridges

Tatsoul has carts with Envy needles installed
    http://www.tatsoul.com/supplies/tatt...ges-c-274_678/

$19.99 for 10pcs tho? They look almost identical to the Elite membrane carts from NATS...

I have some Elites tucked away somewhere, I'm going to buy a box of rounds and mags from TS and do a comparison in the next couple weeks.

2. Like jonjon liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup I saw some out in the wild and was going to order a few but they said they were still going through final QA. If you compare them side by side they're not identical. Also the needles seem to be identical to tatsoul's regular needles which are great.

I use new age/elite brand needles a lot and have few complaints with them. I typically order the tight groupings from NATS and the tatsoul ones in comparison are a bit less tight but more tight than NATS medium grouping if that makes sense.

Overall I think the needles in the tatsoul brand carts are perfect. Best in a cartridge by far and identical to tatsouls regular needle offerings if you're used to those. The clear plastic they use is very similar to NATS carts which provide good ink flow and don't fall apart. The only thing I don't really like is the membrane system. I haven't used tatsouls for any all Day pieces but I feel like membrane carts tend to start out kinda stiff then loosen up a lot after a long session. I can work around that but I prefer consistency. And of course the price is almost twice that of NATS and t tech which means I have to decide if it's really worth it as I'm now very familiar with ttech and NATS carts.

4. Like rollhard liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    gearadcon thanks for mentioning the membrane wearing down thing. i'm new to carts but love them and have also noticed after several hours of steady going the fantom carts tend to have less punch if that makes sense? i tried the NATS carts but found they lack consistency in a couple areas. i ordered some gear from TS last night so i can try it this weekend when i hit the shop. thanks for the topic i'm learning alot again and its fun

namaste
    I can't call it
    F

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I kinda agree on the consistency thing for NATS. I use bug pins curved mags for bng and sometimes they put the 11mag bug pins in regular 11 mags. I always check my needles so it's no big deal. Overall I'm pretty happy though. I toss less than 1 a box I'd say. I also use the gen 1 with the rubber band. I do think t techs needles are a bit better but I like the clear plastic NATS use

7. Like rollhard liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i felt the t-tech membrane to be to thick ,i dunno ? happy i still get paid to do this and shit

I can't call it
    F

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to swop out t-tech needles for tatsoul needles. About time they pulled their finger out. Hopefully its their needles in the carts not just a chinese repackage like most.. when they hit the uk shores i'll get them under the mircoscope to see..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a fan of the carts that have a silicon membrane that doubles as a rubber band; it's not consistent for long tattoos like gerardcon mentioned, and the membrane lets the needle grouping flop around in the nozzle of the cart, where as the carts that have a rubber band or silicon o ring, it pulls the grouping to the bottom of the nozzle. I don't know, I'll try out TS carts...grudgingly.

11. Like astaluego, kbtat2 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that any cart with membrane won't stay still. They don't have any "guide" like ttech or Helios so the needle is literally shaking all over the place! I just got some crystal line carts as Helios were out of stock and I've literally wasted my cash. They wobble so much ain't no way I'll get a straight line.

Post Thanks / Like
    i ran the TS carts and tubes the other day and thought they were good, but not good enough to justify the price, ouch. thus far i like the fantom carts and FKI tubes the best. i'm going to grab some samples of helios as suggested above. i do like that the TS's labeled as lead free etc but still that price point is a bitch. when is Blackclaw going to do right and get in on the carts game. i was using those with love when i made the jump to carts.
    I can't call it
    F

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the Helios or the hexis carts
    VAGABOND JAY

15. Thanks rollhard thanked for this post.