Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can one of you explain the setup/breakdown process? Do you need a pre-existing power supply and foot switch for it to connect to somehow? I'm imagining it's similar to one of those maintained power switches where you just click your machine on and off.

Edit: I see where Butternuts explained how to start it, still want to confirm that it's a standalone power supply/switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a standalone power supply. The tattoo machine is run 100% by the wrist unit and the cord that connects the machine to wrist unit is the only cord. Got some more time on it and everything went without a hiccup. Battery life is incredible, definitely lasts longer than I am willing to sit there tattooing. Only issue I had arise so far is the cord they give you to hook the machine up starting cutting out and they give several different extensions to try to cater to the different inputs of machines and it just makes it kinda wonky having the big extension plus the mini RCA think plugged into it. I contacted the company about the faulty cord and they sent me out a new one right away. I did decide to make my own cord though using a decent RCA cord and wired a micro USB port onto the end of it so now the cord is nice and sleek looking. The power unit itself though I am extremely impressed with so far but time will tell how durable it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butternuts View Post
    It is a standalone power supply. The tattoo machine is run 100% by the wrist unit and the cord that connects the machine to wrist unit is the only cord. Got some more time on it and everything went without a hiccup. Battery life is incredible, definitely lasts longer than I am willing to sit there tattooing. Only issue I had arise so far is the cord they give you to hook the machine up starting cutting out and they give several different extensions to try to cater to the different inputs of machines and it just makes it kinda wonky having the big extension plus the mini RCA think plugged into it. I contacted the company about the faulty cord and they sent me out a new one right away. I did decide to make my own cord though using a decent RCA cord and wired a micro USB port onto the end of it so now the cord is nice and sleek looking. The power unit itself though I am extremely impressed with so far but time will tell how durable it is.
    Okay, I get it now. Thanks! Seems interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    its a way more adjustable ... http://reddotpower.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    This thing looks neat. Like, you could go camping and tattoo out in the woods or in the river if you put your ink caps on a float, lmao. Basically good for combat tattooing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Combat tattooing hahahahahhha!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My colleague has one.. He really likes it.. He says it took some getting used to the fact that you cant just put the machine down in the same way as you're used to.
    He also said that you can't run coils on it.. (??)
    Winds of shit...

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have one i like it a lot. it definitely has a good life cycle and its easy to get the hang off. What i dont like is that although its pretty easy to do, i have to keep turning it off or lower the voltage to dip into my inks. maybe im just weird but i usually stop thw machine to dip. it would be cool to also have a wireless footpedal that works with it or better yet if it was Alexa compatible and i can just tell it to start and stop

Post Thanks / Like
    My iPower watch just took an iShit yesterday lol. Keeps turning itself off every 2 minutes. Also, the faulty cord I had that they "were sending a new one right away" never arrived.
    Last edited by Butternuts; 07-28-2017 at 10:20 AM.

10. Thanks joelhague, Jin thanked for this post.
    Like joelhague liked this post.