Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne Pen fragility

How fragile are Cheyenne pens? The booklet makes them sound like they are incredibly fragile. What's your experiences with your Cheyenne Pen? Or pens in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had 2 pens. Both broke after roughly 6 hours work. I had Equalizers though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chances are if you drop it (especially on hard tiled floors) it'll break but that's the case with most rotaries with complicated moving parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you had the same experience as I had (trying both Hawk pen and Equalizer proton) my Pen is noisy compared with the equalizer, which is so quiet.
    Maybe it's just my hawk pen but definitely this makes me use the proton instead of the pen

Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main problem with hawkpen design that most of the other pens are based off is the spring that connects to the swashplate. the hawk spring is quite small and brittle apparantly as a lot of these breaK. ive replaced the spring of both of my hawkpens and they run much better now. im not sure of the quality or durability of the clone machines, i did buy a ez filter v2 as a backup which works pretty well though not as powerful but when i tried to open it it seemed a little harder to pry open so i havent inpected it yet. i think they glued it together