Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not about the tattoo machine its all on your hands

I made this video to show that you dont need any fancy machine to do a good tattoo...
    The tattoo machine im using on the video is made out of a playstation controler and some more plastic stuff i found home...

https://youtu.be/9EeuL9AIjNU

2. Like John, nivek, bluerocker liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree... somewhat. As long as the machine does what its supposed to do - yes. But if you are fighting your machine it can make what you are doing much harder. The parts that made your machine are much less important than how that machine was made to operate.

Take a machine that does what its supposed to with good needles etc - and of course you can do a good tattoo, if you have the skill. But I also agree that you don't need a $600 machine. A very talented artist I know uses stealth knocks offs he gets for 70 bucks and gets great results.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Cyberitual's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody needs a Lamborghini, But everybody wants one... There are many ways from point A to point B... How you get there is a personal preference. The reasoning behind the value of the higher machines is simply because it cost alot to make already for one, and nobody wants to see a 16 year old driving a Lamborghini... Most likely would hurt someone really bad. Not many beginners can afford such high end quality craftsmanship and the builder does not want his hard work in the hands of a beginner. We are not trying to put a machine in everyone's hand like China. We are artist, we create and build high quality machines that take a lot of our time to build. Its no different then a tattoo or a painting or any other form of art. To us its our hard work being placed on the shelf for sale. I am a one man show, I have zero help other then the machinist who cuts my parts after i design it all in SW. I build each machine myself so my price is well worth it for me. Like i said we are not trying to sell to everyone, Only those who can respect the quality and performance and fully know how to operate one. Not wrap it around a pole. Great tattoo btw, and i like how you still made your home made machine have some nice esthetics.

But then again you have people who rather buy the knock off because its cheap, But in doing so is basically keeping the real problem "China" in business. I greatly appreciate all the artist who buy knock offs. Thank you so much for making my hard work seem worthless. Don't buy the original artwork, just get the print of the print at the swapmeet... Fuck the artist... They will be another one to fill his shoes... The lack of respect for "the craftsman" now a days is sickening... You cant call yourself a artist if you feel otherwise... Your just a printer...
    Last edited by Cyberitual; 06-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.

5. Like Bruce Gulick, nivek, Seanaskew19 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everybody and first of all thanks a lot for the replies....
    Nivek you're right, nobody wants to be fighting with a machine all you want is focus on your job and enjoy tattooing.... what is easy now a days with Rotarys...
    Cyberitual, was some nice words in there, but I think people got a bit my point wrong... I don't support in any way Chinese knock offs I hate cheep Chinese stuff and they are crap.... And I own my self a big collection of topbuilder tattoo machines, (I would love put my hands on one of your centri machines btw)
    So my point with all of this was that I found myself crazy about the tattoo gear, for example I would see someone doing amazing Black/grey and I would try too find immediately what machine he used, and somehow I would believe that I need this machine to achieve this result... and thats what I mean with its not about the machine, I did this to prove myself that doesn't matter what we work with but what we do with what we got...
    If I would use this machine for everyday, off course not is not enought stabile or easy to clean....
    And I do believe needles makes more difference then the machine himself, Is like when you have too make a hole on a wall, you can do it with a regular machine if you have a good drill bit, but instead you can have the best machine in the world if the drill bit sucks, you can never do the hole...
    Anyway My big respect for all builders, special you cyberitual you created something different, I saw your progress since the beginning, and how hard was for people first understand your concept, and now you're on the top List...
    Last edited by tatoo-kid; 06-06-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    And About the Lamborghini, I would take a nice old mustang instead hahaha
    And thanks for the compliment...
    Last edited by tatoo-kid; 06-06-2017 at 02:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just one more thing, I see lots of people including myself, asking what machine is better for color, what machine better for lining, what voltage, etc....
    In truth what I should be asking is how do I move my hand, how deep should I go, how good are my drawing skills... the machine makes the needle go up and down in a regular vertical movement, doesn't matter trought wich type of system/mechanism, the result is to make this up and down movement with the needle... Then with your hand you can creat a infinity of different movements...

PS: but off course a good quality tool(tattoo machine) is gonna help you out on the process, and offcoure when you buy a good quality machine you don't pay only the aluminium on it, like you don't pay the ink on a tattoo, what you pay is the creation, the idea, the execution and the character of it... thats why I support try different machines and see what brings your tattoo process easier to do.
    Last edited by tatoo-kid; 06-06-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don want a Lambo, i want the money that cost a Lambo

Post Thanks / Like
    With a bit of effort and a lot of experience you can do any tattoo with any machine no matter what it costs. However, I run a 4 machine set up (each machine has its job) purely because it makes my day easier and the tattoo process quicker for the customer. Plus I like to support good people who make quality machines.
    https://www.facebook.com/electricink.redcar
    Instagram - ELECTRIC_INK__REDCAR_TATTOO

11. Like rollhard liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with so many points on here. For me though it's all about finding that machine that just suits you perfectly. A machine that matches your hand speed and style etc... I believe the search is worth it. I have bought, sold and traded many machines in search of machines that suit me. Those machines then stay in my daily circulation for months maybe years. Anything that makes my life and in this high pressure craft more comfortable for me is worth the extra money, if NECESSARY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats whats its all about, making life easier.... thats what rotary do compared to coils (not talking about performance)
    in lhe next video I gonna use some other machine, but still don't know which one...