Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Opinions on replacement for Stigma Hyper V3

Hello all...I have been using my Hyper V3 for almost 4 years now as my go-to shader, and have been experiencing issues with the RCA. I was about to purchase a second Hyper V3, but am now thinking maybe I should find something else. I'm looking for feedback about rotary machines for shading/coloring that have the feel and bounce of the Stigma. Traditionally hard-hitting rotary machines don't feel right to me, I never found the sweet spot on my Neotat Vivace. Currently I'm using a Raptor 2 and a Raptor 3 for shading/color. They have a little bit of the softness and bounce I love about my Hyper V3, but unfortunately are a faint shadow of what I'm used to. Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    The only real advice I can give is this, between me and my mate we have 3 hyperv3's and they all behave VERY differently. So even if you ended up buying another V3 the chances are it wouldn't be like the one you love. I've heard this from a few other tattooers who own more than one as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/electricink.redcar
    Instagram - ELECTRIC_INK__REDCAR_TATTOO

3. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.
    Like sneetch, acink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with with Seanaskew19 I also have 3 hyper V3 and everyone of them is a completely different machines.

5. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.
    Like sneetch liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

RCA fix hyper V3

Irregular connection with the RCA and RCA failure are super common in the Hyper V3. On mine, the solution was to 'shim' down the positive lead on the female rca inside the machine itself: after multiple uses and the rca male end pulling down from the weight of the cord, the positive lead inside the machine starts to migrate upwards, eventually causing an unstable connection. I put a super tiny piece of folded aluminum foil as a shim between the casing and the female positive lead so there was constant pressure on the positive lead from the male (showing the location in the attached pic) Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for weighing in on this dilemma, y'all. The Stigma people were incredibly condescending and rude, implying that I didn't know how to treat a tattoo machine, and insisting that the fault must be all mine because they couldn't have possibly made a machine with even a small flaw...lol.
    As pointed out by Bully Jey, it would seem there is a small flaw in the RCA assembly. (Thanks for the aluminum foil fix - I'll give it a whirl.)
    If the HyperV3 is as inconsistent feel-wise as the other 2 comments have indicated, then I am definitely better off not purchasing another one.
    So, I guess I'm still looking for a rotary with a softer feel. Anyone else have anything to say?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dragonfly maybe. One of the best give systems available on rotarys IMO

9. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.
    Like sneetch, nivek liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The older injecta specifics and specific 2 are a great little adjustable machine. Under-rated in my opinion.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

11. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Bishopbyname , Dragonfly is a great tool both original and x2

13. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.
    Like sneetch, Bishopbyname liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Swashdrive Compact, unfortunately it's not for sale anymore... Would like to know why disappeared, tons of configurations in seconds (stroke and give)

15. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just had an incident with my halo and some white ink, so thought I should replace it just in case I couldn't get it going again. Plus my hyper v3 must be 5 years old now so really needed a fully adjustable machine as a back up just in case that went tits up as well. So I've just bought a Dragonfly x2. Can't fault it really, lines, packs and nice soft b/g. It's almost silent and light as a feather. Plus I like the way you can purchase any spares and fix/replace most things without having to send it away or argue with suppliers. So another vote for the Dragonfly.
    https://www.facebook.com/electricink.redcar
    Instagram - ELECTRIC_INK__REDCAR_TATTOO

17. Thanks sneetch thanked for this post.