Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

IPowerWatch Wireless footswitch hack

Hey guys if your not familaiar with Ipowerwatch its a powersupply you wear on your wrist to make virtually wire free. One thing I do not like however is holding down the power button for a few seconds everytime i need to dip, I found this on Instagram powerwatch.jpgip2.jpg So he spliced the receiver into the main wire, theres no explanation on there as how to do it and I dont want to ruin any cords. Can anyone help me figure this out. I was also thinking maybe adding one of those off\on switches people use on their power supplies could also work and may be even easier to use.

2. Like Renetat2 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you need to turn it off whenever you dip?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I prefer to turn off my machines when I dip, I don't like to take the risk of my needle hitting the rim or bottom of my ink cap... I have one as well and I would love to know more about this. The 4 seconds that it takes to turn the machine off really throws me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nouveau; 06-17-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can dip with my machine running but i often use the small caps as not to waste ink so its a little more difficult plus taking a moment to look at what im doing with a slight pause makes this a more comfortable work setup for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    So this is what I did, I spliced an on/off toggle switch to the main cord and added a magnetic adapter so i can dissconnect/reconnect at any time without touching the cord. It does lose a little power this way, i need better quality cords to optimize this setup but it is far better this way. I am going to experiment with adding a wireless rf switch to it but for now this is a workable setup
    Last edited by thesmokingmirror; 07-08-2017 at 03:34 PM.

7. Like R0st0ck liked this post.