Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne hawk spirit losing power intermittently?

Hi all! Just bought a Hawk spirit from another tattooist who (claims) they'd only used it 5 or 6 times and couldn't get away with it; to be fair it was boxed with all stuff from new and is immaculate condition. I bought a new startup cable for it, and am running it on a critical cx2. It had worked fine for about 4 days, then half way through yesterday it started losing power whilst I was working, slowing significantly and wavering for a few seconds before going back to normal. Has anyone encountered this? I'm wondering if it's the connection wires inside needing resoldering? Has anyone else had this issue as Google and searching here don't seem to be offering any suggestions (which I'm treating as positive!) and I'm gutted as I'd just fallen completely in love with it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by demonica View Post
    Hi all! Just bought a Hawk spirit from another tattooist who (claims) they'd only used it 5 or 6 times and couldn't get away with it; to be fair it was boxed with all stuff from new and is immaculate condition. I bought a new startup cable for it, and am running it on a critical cx2. It had worked fine for about 4 days, then half way through yesterday it started losing power whilst I was working, slowing significantly and wavering for a few seconds before going back to normal. Has anyone encountered this? I'm wondering if it's the connection wires inside needing resoldering? Has anyone else had this issue as Google and searching here don't seem to be offering any suggestions (which I'm treating as positive!) and I'm gutted as I'd just fallen completely in love with it!!!
    Did you try the Spirit with another power supply? I had the same fluctuation problems and it was the Critical, and I think I'm not the only one reporting these kind of problems with it (CX2)
    I use them with the original Cheyenne PS or the Venom 2 and never had a problem

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't actually... I do have a lab power supply and an old hurricane one somewhere, might try it and see what they're like before sinking the cash for a new power supply... If that's the case I won't be impressed with the CX2! Thought it was bad enough that the jump start facility doesn't actually work and I had to get a startup cable! Might well explain how I've gone through 2 Spektra halo motors, a hyper v3 motor and a stigma fly motor in the last 2 years if power supply is at fault..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah..that does not seem normal..thats alot of motors to be burning out,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by demonica View Post
    I haven't actually... I do have a lab power supply and an old hurricane one somewhere, might try it and see what they're like before sinking the cash for a new power supply... If that's the case I won't be impressed with the CX2! Thought it was bad enough that the jump start facility doesn't actually work and I had to get a startup cable! Might well explain how I've gone through 2 Spektra halo motors, a hyper v3 motor and a stigma fly motor in the last 2 years if power supply is at fault..?
    Don't trust a hurricane neither, or any PS sending low Amps... Ask a coworker for his/her to try your machines with a good one, I can't read future but that can be the problem, I thought that my Swashdrive compact and H&M direct drive had the same problem time ago, until I changed of PS and never had a problem again. Here there are many fans of Critical and I was always happy with their customer service, but I'll not repeat again with them. Search for any with at least 2A. I suggest you 3A

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a new cord.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have done. Now doing it on 2 new Cheyenne Machines with 3 brand new cords. Adding to the fact that I’ve had so many motors burn out through overheating, I think I’m just going to buy a Venom as people have suggested.