Post Thanks / Like

Sidewinder V6 and cartridges

Just got my V6 Sidewinder in today and decided to do a test run on some practice skin (my leg). I know these machines are recognized as not being compatible with cartridges but I didn't exactly know why so I loaded a cartridge, looped a #10 rubber band around the vice and up over the armature bar to cancel out the cartridge tension and did a test line on my leg. Machine sounded really smooth and put a line in pretty easy and solid so I'm thinking I'm going to run it with cartridges.
    test line.jpg

2. Like Noa, Bruce Gulick liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Butternuts View Post
    Just got my V6 Sidewinder in today and decided to do a test run on some practice skin (my leg). I know these machines are recognized as not being compatible with cartridges but I didn't exactly know why so I loaded a cartridge, looped a #10 rubber band around the vice and up over the armature bar to cancel out the cartridge tension and did a test line on my leg. Machine sounded really smooth and put a line in pretty easy and solid so I'm thinking I'm going to run it with cartridges.
    test line.jpg
    Any difference comparing the Sidewinder with other rotaries about lining?

4. Like Noa liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not mechanically inclined. I just got the v6 as well. Would love to understand visually : "looped a #10 rubber band around the vice and up over the armature bar to cancel out the cartridge tension" ? Thank you, Noa