Post Thanks / Like

MUSOTOKU power supply

I've been using this power supply for over 3 months now. It is a fantastic, high quality unit.

- Manufactured from an Aircraft grade aluminum housing, this supply is extremely durable. What truly sets it apart from all the other power supplies are the internals. You will never experience any wall or power-strip fluctuations with 5 continuous amps and 10 amps peak power. (Most power supply companies intentionally leave the continuous amperage out of their technical specs and only mention their peak amperage. This is because corners were cut on the quality of the internals and most consumers don't realize you will never receive anywhere near the peak amperage.)

- Smaller than it appears in most pictures with a smaller footprint than an iPhone Plus and extremely lightweight.

- It has 4 voltage presets available at the touch of a button and 0-16 volts in 0.1v increments. It has a built in timer with pause feature and Nitro. The Nitro feature is not only convenient with a machine like the Cheyenne Thunder, but anyone doing "pepper shading" or very slow whips with a machine that needs to be jumpstarted with your thumb to run that low. No need to worry about cross contaminating your armature bar/pin with your finger. Nitro will give you that 0.5 second bump that you would normally need to raise the voltage to achieve.

- It has 3 foot-switch modes: continuous, tap to start/tap to stop and regular.

- MUSOTOKU is easy to bag and tape the knob for barrier protection, but they are reaching the final prototyping of an awesome disposable cover with a disposable knob cover that you can actually turn. In terms of plastic, it is a very thin protective cover and will provide you with less plastic waste than a typical bottle bag. They go on, stay put and come off easy.

- It comes with a sturdy plastic travel case and can be used with any GoPro or camera mount as well as their upcoming magnetic base. I am currently using the SmallRig clamp sold through their suppliers.

- I have recently just purchased another MUSOTOKU for my second shop to replace another faulty "well known" power supply. I will say for people who are experiencing fluctuation, heat issues or pulsing in their rotary or coil machines, this power supply's amperage will allow you to run clean and consistent at lower voltages and keep your equipment running cool. It has over current protection and will even keep a machine running steady on an inconsistent foot switch.

- While you will pay a little more upfront for this power supply, the benefits outweigh the cost and for what I have already thrown away on top US brands, I would have saved a lot of money if I had known about this one first.

- Painful Pleasures is now the official US distributor, in the EU Killer Ink is the official distributor.

- After one hour of non-use the MUSOTOKU will automatically shut off and upon startup it will welcome you back. Literally. When powered on, an easy to see amber light will glow. This will let you know if you are still in continuous mode for those ultra silent rotaries.

- Currently they are also working on heavy duty magnetic bases. While this is not what the final production will look like, the function of it is great and the magnets will hold to anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    These sound great but that face plate looks like it would be really hard to clean. Are those yellow ropes on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Phillips View Post
    These sound great but that face plate looks like it would be really hard to clean. Are those yellow ropes on it?
    It bags very easy so it stays spotless or you can use the disposable covers coming out. The yellow cord is for cable routing. Example: I don’t use the cable cord. .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Tattoos View Post
    It bags very easy so it stays spotless or you can use the disposable covers coming out. The yellow cord is for cable routing. Example: I don’t use the cable cord. .
    20180625/07ecb1acbe50bd424487387a32fb4de9.png[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    You can fit an ink cap at the dial as protective barrier. I added it magnets from a Chinese store, which was one of the cons that will be nice to find with the upgraded model.
    I don't really like the clamp (which by the way you can buy for cheaper at Aliexpress but for the first units they sent it for free).

The creator of the Musotoku is a Spanish engineer. Met him at the '16 Barcelona convention when he started the business and every single part is high quality.

You can find it at many tattoo suppliers, not only killer ink,even they sell directly... Or at lest they did it when I purchased mine.

Great invest, maybe a bit more expensive compared to other famous (or infamous) PS, but this is not going to fuck your day with drops of voltage, burnt parts, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    My ink caps don’t work but I heard people do that. I wish the base came out with it too but it’s nice to see they keep working on catering to artists needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been using one for almost a year now. Best Power supply I’ve ever used. Hands down.