Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xion motor

Post Thanks / Like

Xion motor

Just before xmas my xion motor decided to throw one, i did notice a weird noise a first, i knew the motor was on its way out ive heard that screechy noise before and it dont end well, i ran the motor some more and it then died, when i took the bolt motor off the body the cover of the cams bearing was off the motor had a stiff spot. This is one of the 1st batch of xions in the uk, anybody else had this problem with the xion motor?, i just got a reply back from my email , so i send the whole thing across the pond to get them to look at it or buy another bolt motor for $180, as its slightly over a year old i never thought a motor would go that quick, ive got used daily rotary machines over 8 years old still on 1st motor without hassles. No its not been dropped and well looked after. I do like the xion but is the motor its weak point? And its now coming up to a year old will more motors start to fail? http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c2cbc9c...045512_987.mp4

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser6662 View Post
    Just before xmas my xion motor decided to throw one, i did notice a weird noise a first, i knew the motor was on its way out ive heard that screechy noise before and it dont end well, i ran the motor some more and it then died, when i took the bolt motor off the body the cover of the cams bearing was off the motor had a stiff spot. This is one of the 1st batch of xions in the uk, anybody else had this problem with the xion motor?, i just got a reply back from my email , so i send the whole thing across the pond to get them to look at it or buy another bolt motor for $180, as its slightly over a year old i never thought a motor would go that quick, ive got used daily rotary machines over 8 years old still on 1st motor without hassles. No its not been dropped and well looked after. I do like the xion but is the motor its weak point? And its now coming up to a year old will more motors start to fail? http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c2cbc9c...045512_987.mp4

If you cant see the vid working goto my instagram page its on there "hewypuffmister"

Post Thanks / Like
    Update sent it back to fkirons from the uk, £56 it cost me, which included £600 insurance. They had a look and sead yes the motor is at fault and its going to cost me $140 to get if fixed for a new motor bolt!!! Well this xion was bought from barberdts and sent to me last nov so its just over a year by one month, so it just ran out of warranty. Not to happy about this ive got machines from ink machine thats be used heavy for over 12 years without any problems with the motor. Im starting to think fki is now getting far to big for the personal touch like they used to have, you only need to contact kayley on here and she would sort your problem out without the hassles of sending it over to the usa, a month out of warranty and thats $140 thanks. Yes i know its just out of warranty but you would have thought by a gesture of good will, plus its failed too early so its not fit for purpose that it would have got sorted for free.. Got me over a barrel with this one. Ive got to pay to get my machine back. Can i trust the new motor? Or in a years time its gone again..... i should have waited for the ink machine pen or even the stigma pen machines.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. 13 months old maybe 30 hours tops on the motor. I have 6 year old Kubins with 5-10 times the use and they are still going strong.

I was told the brushes/bearings were "worn out"

This is exactly what I was thinking. Are they shit motors ? I don't know. I pre-ordered because of the outstanding service in the past, I am not happy or satisfied at all at this point. I made them aware that I am not happy, and they basically told me "we try to work with customers, but... " and was essentially told tough shit.

Seeing as this doesn't seem to be an odd occurrence, as I have seen this sort of thing many time in different forums etc. I wonder if Gaston or any of the team there has any input.
    Last edited by nivek; 01-17-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    Sidewinders, MC2, Mc 14, MC13, Halo, Lollis, Specific, Diablo. Tried many more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. 13 months old maybe 30 hours tops on the motor. I have 6 year old Kubins with 5-10 times the use and they are still going strong.

I was told the brushes/bearings were "worn out"

This is exactly what I was thinking. Are they shit motors ? I don't know. I pre-ordered because of the outstanding service in the past, I am not happy or satisfied at all at this point. I made them aware that I am not happy, and they basically told me "we try to work with customers, but... " and was essentially told tough shit.

Seeing as this doesn't seem to be an odd occurrence, as I have seen this sort of thing many time in different forums etc. I wonder if Gaston or any of the team there has any input.
    Yea ive seen other xions around 2000 made mark with 0 hour motors, have been used but motor bolts gone.
    Im now writing a email to see if i can get a new motor, if i dont and ive got to pay for a new bolt i want the old one back, so i can find a motor that will fit the motorbolt shell that will last more than 1 year as a daily driver, ive got ink machine thats been to the moon and back in hours and miles used and it still works over 10 years old ran on 11volts.
    Its seems all this growing bigger has made gaston drop us like a sack of shit. If i had any problems i would message him on here or kayleigh and things would get sorted, now it seems we are too small of group of tattooists to be bothered with, perhaps we need to have 200k followers and sponcered to have any input now...sad times i just hope what they say wont come true, "be good to those going up the ladder because one day you'll meet them coming down"

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put an email into Kayleigh, to see if she will make it right. If not I will get it sent back unrepaired. One of my clients it heavy duty brainy engineer guy, and will most likely be able to track down everything I need to fix it.

I haven't got a shit ton of followers, but I am a voice, a voice that wrote a glowing review on FK and their service,on this very forum, three years ago. I have not used the machine a lot as I for me, I prefer it for specific tasks. I have a lot of other machines and the Xion has seen MAYBE 30 hours, and this happens.

I am trying not to let it chew at me - but I will be blunt I am very VERY disappointed. I contracted the staff and told them how little use it had, and it did not matter, its 13 months old, and now I have to pay....

Gaston no doubt has a lot on his plate, and I sincerely hope this is not the trend of their service.
    Last edited by nivek; 01-19-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put an email into Kayleigh, to see if she will make it right. If not I will get it sent back unrepaired. One of my clients it heavy duty brainy engineer guy, and will most likely be able to track down everything I need to fix it.

I haven't got a shit ton of followers, but I am a voice, a voice that wrote a glowing review on FK and their service,on this very forum, three years ago. I have not used the machine a lot as I for me, I prefer it for specific tasks. I have a lot of other machines and the Xion has seen MAYBE 30 hours, and this happens.

I am trying not to let it chew at me - but I will be blunt I am very VERY disappointed. I contracted the staff and told them how little use it had, and it did not matter, its 13 months old, and now I have to pay....

Gaston no doubt has a lot on his plate, and I sincerely hope this is not the trend of their service.
    I banged in a email reply to fki yesterday to say how disappointed in the quailty of the motor, its been the only motor thats gone so quick, in any machine i own or owned, the only machine thats failed like that was a old hawk, that had a few years on it, using it as a daily, but that took 3+ years to do the same failure. Ive used a ink machine as my liner for 10+ years run at 11v day in day out, im now lining with it as i line with my xion as well. Mine had 630+ on it, it was my daily. I loved using it, so i said, if i have to buy a new motorbolt i want my old one back, as i own it.. as i loved using it i will pay for it to be fixed and then find a 6w motor that would fit in the bolt.. if thay send the old bolt back if not i can lathe a spacer for any 6w motor.. might go to ink machines pen, or stigma pen.

8. Like nivek liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Guy Supply and Lucas Ford are also working on a new pen. I KNOW if there is an issue with their product they will take care of it.
    Last edited by nivek; 01-20-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Guy Supply and Lucas Ford are also working on a new pen. I KNOW if there is an issue with their product they will take care of it.
    Well after my last email saying how i was disappointed at the customer service, considing its only a month out of warranty, ive got alot of fkirons products and never had a problem with their great customer service before they went so big, i didnt get a reply back and it was getting to the point i was going to email again but tonite ive just got a email from dhl that my xion is now on its way back. Hopefully its been fixed with a new motor this is the service i expect from fkirons and the service Gaston always boasted about, thats why he had good support from this forum in the good old days..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent a similar e-mail, got an email back asking about proof of purchase etc. Still haven't heard back.. so fingers crossed.